cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America secured card, approved?????

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America secured card, approved?????

Yah to be honest with you OP, I'm thinking that probably didn't make a very good impression on them. It's quite possible they will not give you another chance to submit a deposit after a NSF. They may see that as a potential scare of what may happen with future payments.

But I would suggest you call one of the backdoor numbers listed in the sticky thread and speak to someone and explain exactly what happened and plead your case. You may still have a chance to complete the process. I wish you the best of luck!!! Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 20
GABrown
New Contributor

the overdraft happened to me...i applied by mailing in the app and when i was approved they just attempted to draft the deposit of $99..i called them when the funds were actually there and they took it...no problems were caused at all...welcome and good luck!!!
Message 12 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@GABrown wrote:
the overdraft happened to me...i applied by mailing in the app and when i was approved they just attempted to draft the deposit of $99..i called them when the funds were actually there and they took it...no problems were caused at all...welcome and good luck!!!

This.  

Just explain what happened, it's a big deal and they'll still happily take your deposit in this instance.  Given the size of BOFA and their secured credit card product, it's nowhere close to the first and will be nowhere close to the last time something like this happens.

        
Message 13 of 20
Tlvandewater

Yeah, which is why we are waiting til friday
Message 14 of 20
Tlvandewater

Awesome, thanks for the piece of mind guys
Message 15 of 20
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Tlvandewater wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the piece of mind guys

good luck and treat the card right and they will be very generous with you. Try to use the card heavily and PIF (if you can). You may have a chance for an early graduation on the card. A few of us here did including myself.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 16 of 20
Tlvandewater

What do you mean by use heavily? I was gonna go with the 30% rule and not spend more than 300 of the 1000 limit. Please explain
Message 17 of 20
Tlvandewater

Called today, they're re-pullin my deposit..., SUCCESS
Message 18 of 20
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Not sure I was reading their information, I think they mean additional deposits are to be in 100.00 increments,

meaning you can't just drop, say an extra 40 or 50 bucks on them, at any rate I think you're fineSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 19 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Tlvandewater wrote:
Called today, they're re-pullin my deposit..., SUCCESS

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, that is so great!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.