cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America secured card, approved?????

tag
Tlvandewater

Bank of America secured card, approved?????

I applied for a BoA secured card 4/26, a little more than a week later they took the $1000 deposit out of my account, but I haven't gotten anything saying I've been approved and when I check my application status on their website it says its still under review.... Anyone know what's goin on here???
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America secured card, approved?????

@Tlvandewater wrote:
I applied for a BoA secured card 4/26, a little more than a week later they took the $1000 deposit out of my account, but I haven't gotten anything saying I've been approved and when I check my application status on their website it says its still under review.... Anyone know what's goin on here???

Your approved congrats

Use the card wisely and it will graduate in about a year

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yep, if they've pulled the funds for your deposit, then you're all good.  Enjoy the new card, it's an excellent secured product!

Congrats!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 20
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats, your in!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 20
Tlvandewater

Well I called today and that's what they said, unfortunately they over drafted my account an my bank pulled it back, so when I get paid on Friday I have to call them again and tell them to pull the deposit once more. Think this will be an issue???
Message 6 of 20
Tlvandewater

The boa man on the other end of the line said he's seen it before so it should be a non issue, but jut checking with y'all. You guys seem so experienced
Message 7 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Tlvandewater wrote:
Well I called today and that's what they said, unfortunately they over drafted my account an my bank pulled it back, so when I get paid on Friday I have to call them again and tell them to pull the deposit once more. Think this will be an issue???

Let me just clarify this....  Are you saying that when BOA went to draft out your deposit there wasn't enough money in your bank, so the deposit caused you to be overdrawn?  Maybe I'm just missunderstanding, but if that's correct, then why would you of allowed that to happen when you knew the app was pending and it could possibly be drawn out?  I'm not trying to sound harsh here, I ask this with the best intentions.  You didn't have to allow for such a big security deposit.

Please slap me if I missunderstood this post... Smiley Indifferent

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 8 of 20
Tlvandewater

I would have had I known, I had no IDEA this was coming and I swear to god when I was reading the application it said it could be paid in $100 increments. Had I known I'd of just borrowed s couple bucks from family
Message 9 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Whoops...maybe someone can chime in on this. Not familiar with their secured product. Seems like they would keep some kind of record that the deposit came back NSF - did the rep tell you they would wait until Fri or later to redraft?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.