Bank of America secured card, approved?????

I applied for a BoA secured card 4/26, a little more than a week later they took the $1000 deposit out of my account, but I haven't gotten anything saying I've been approved and when I check my application status on their website it says its still under review.... Anyone know what's goin on here???
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America secured card, approved?????

Tlvandewater wrote:
I applied for a BoA secured card 4/26, a little more than a week later they took the $1000 deposit out of my account, but I haven't gotten anything saying I've been approved and when I check my application status on their website it says its still under review.... Anyone know what's goin on here???

Your approved congrats

Use the card wisely and it will graduate in about a year

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, if they've pulled the funds for your deposit, then you're all good.  Enjoy the new card, it's an excellent secured product!

Congrats!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Valued Contributor

Congrats, your in!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 721 EQ 719 EX 717 Last Update 8/2014
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)

Well I called today and that's what they said, unfortunately they over drafted my account an my bank pulled it back, so when I get paid on Friday I have to call them again and tell them to pull the deposit once more. Think this will be an issue???

The boa man on the other end of the line said he's seen it before so it should be a non issue, but jut checking with y'all. You guys seem so experienced
Established Contributor

Tlvandewater wrote:
Well I called today and that's what they said, unfortunately they over drafted my account an my bank pulled it back, so when I get paid on Friday I have to call them again and tell them to pull the deposit once more. Think this will be an issue???

Let me just clarify this....  Are you saying that when BOA went to draft out your deposit there wasn't enough money in your bank, so the deposit caused you to be overdrawn?  Maybe I'm just missunderstanding, but if that's correct, then why would you of allowed that to happen when you knew the app was pending and it could possibly be drawn out?  I'm not trying to sound harsh here, I ask this with the best intentions.  You didn't have to allow for such a big security deposit.

Please slap me if I missunderstood this post... :smileyindifferent:

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">

I would have had I known, I had no IDEA this was coming and I swear to god when I was reading the application it said it could be paid in $100 increments. Had I known I'd of just borrowed s couple bucks from family

Whoops...maybe someone can chime in on this. Not familiar with their secured product. Seems like they would keep some kind of record that the deposit came back NSF - did the rep tell you they would wait until Fri or later to redraft?

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.