Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America secured card

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America secured card

First card ever...No, I had plenty of cards before and was managing them well until some events in the past caused turbulent times. I've been cash only for a good 8+years, and have regained my ability to manage my money responsibly. I have two baddies left on my EX, the last TU report I have is from about a year ago, but that had three baddies and a paid collection. I haven't checked my EQ. I opened an auto loan with my CU in Feb of last year and all is well with that account. They were able to get me half the APR that American Honda was trying to get me into.

I will look into a store card, but do I do that now or after a month or two of having the bofa? I actually had applied for Zync because I had read it was semi-easy to get, but I was turned down. Amex and BofA should be my only two CC inquiries I have on my reports though as I don't believe I've tried anything else.
Message 21 of 46
vish1
Valued Contributor

you should look at the store card about 2-3 months after your BofA

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 22 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a plan. Like I said, I've used cash for the last 8+, so I'm not so anxious for so many new cards. I will take it slow and let it grow.
Message 23 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Ok, so the card is now showing in my accounts in Online Banking. It's says it a BankAmericard Visa Platinum Plus. When I look at the account, it has a button to ask for a CLI. Did I get a secured card? That same screen asks for how much of a CLI I had in mind and that the bank will be the judge of what I can get. If I do ask, will that be another deposit?
Message 24 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Got the card, glad the waiting is over!

I've used it and paid what I charged within two days. I've read both pay in full and leave a small balance, I ended up just paying it all.

I am still intrigued by the secured Power Rewards offered by BofA. Can I hold two secured cards from BofA at once?
Message 25 of 46
texasman07
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! I have had a BOFA checking and savings since 2004.  I recently have bumped my score from 490 to Low 600's in the past 1.5 years and cleaned up all my negative/collections on my CR's.  I applied for a Bofa Power Rewards and got a counter offer for the Secured Power Rewards. They immediately (That Day) took outmy security deposit and by the next day the account was showing up on my online banking screen. It probably has been the quickest process for a credit card. Im really happy about it and cant wait to see what happens in the future with it.  Im curious, how long did it take to recieve your card from approval to getting it inthe mail?

Message 26 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

From the day I got approved and money withdrawn, I received my card within three days (tues-fri). Card sent from Arizona, I'm in Cali.
Message 27 of 46
texasman07
Established Contributor

So I got my BankAmeriCard Rewards Yesterday!! From the day the funds were withdrawn on 21 Apr 2011 to Yesterday thats 3-4 business days i got my card.  Thats probably the fastest card i have recieved.  Thanks BOfA!! 

Message 28 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Nice. Do you have the platinum plus secured as well? Can you have two secured cards from BofA?
Message 29 of 46
texasman07
Established Contributor

No. I just have the Power Rewards Visa.  Im not sure how many you can have with BoFa.  Im hoping to do a PC as soon as it unsecures.  Do you know how to add funds to the card? and what the turn around time is for them to be available?

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.