Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America secured card

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America secured card

If you have online banking with BofA, it should have a Request Credit Limit Increase link on the left hand side when looking at your CC account. It asks how much you'd like and says the bank will decide. I haven't tried it yet.
Message 31 of 46
vish1
Valued Contributor

I assume that button is meant for unsecured cards. I never tried to click it when I had the secured card. I would rather call the backdoor number for secured cards and ask them.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 32 of 46
texasman07
Established Contributor

I think so too. I have that button but I dont want to click it and mess anything up.  I think you might have to go into the bank or over the phone to add funds.  I remember talking to the rep and she mentioned that funds have to be added in multiples of 100.00$. Unlike Capital One where they accept a minimum of 20.00$

Message 33 of 46
vish1
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

I think so too. I have that button but I dont want to click it and mess anything up.  I think you might have to go into the bank or over the phone to add funds.  I remember talking to the rep and she mentioned that funds have to be added in multiples of 100.00$. Unlike Capital One where they accept a minimum of 20.00$

I see what you are saying, but, does that really matter much?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 34 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

What do you think would happen if you clicked the link? They still tell you it's ultimately their decision.
Message 35 of 46
vish1
Valued Contributor

I dun want to try things when I have my money stuck in there, especially if there is a better and easier way (called telephone).

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click on the link, it will say to look in the mail in a few days time. They will then send you a letter with a form you can mail with a check or your acct info, so you can add funds to the deposit. I hit the cli button by mistake and that's what happened. Only a soft pull on EX though, so no harm no foul Smiley Happy
Message 37 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Good info there, I thought I could do I online from what I recall (maybe since I bank with them), but I may have been mistaken.
Message 38 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Hello all, first post here, great forum from what I've read while lurking..

I've searched but haven't found my answer, so I'm going to ask. Does anybody know B of A's normal response time to an online app for their secured card? It's been a week, but I get the same status answer on their site about if you're approved blah blah blah. I've chatted with a rep and a branch rep and they've said up to two weeks. Seems a bit long. Is there automatic approve/deny status or does everyone get the same generic answer.

Thanks
LMBO, the post that started it all for me, haha! To update, my secured BofA Plat Plus graduated three weeks early. CL was doubled to $1k. I also PC'd the card to Cash Rewards. AF of $39 remained, was charged in May. I had a conversation with BofA and got my AF returned AND permanently removed! Thanks BofA!
Message 39 of 46
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Congradulations!

Thanks for returning to this thread and giving us an update. So many of these threads leave us hanging as to how everything worked out for the poster.

I just received my BoA secured card this past May. Wish me luck!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.