Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America, security freezes, and other questions

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Bank of America, security freezes, and other questions

I went to BoA over the weekend to do some banking. During my conversation with the "Personal Banker" she said I was pre-approved for their CC.

I'm temped to apply, and I don't want any more inquiries on my Experian. I know that my current lenders have the right to pull my CR anytime even if I have a security freeze on my report. My question is, are they considered my "current" lender if all I have is checking and saving accounts with them? Which CRA do they usually pull. Are they usually generous CLs? I don't want another TL unless my CL is atleast $3500+

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America, security freezes, and other questions

if you dont have a current credit account with them, then they are not considered a current creditor, checking and savings dont count. they usually do pull experian. whats your credit history like? and how recent are those scores?

amazon
Message 2 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Those scores are from late February. Most recent late is 01/10. 5 30 day lates in 2009, 3 30 day lates in 2009 , both from a car loan, which is paid off now.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

whats your aaoa, do you have any other cards? what are their limits? utilization?

amazon
Message 4 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Capital One 11/08 - $1250

Capital One 02/11 - $1000

Chase Slate 11/11 - $750

Once my payment to Capital One posts from this weekend, my utilization would be <1%. The past month it was <12%

AAoA is 1 year 8 months

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i was approved for a bank of america cash rewards with similar credit stats like yours but i have no baddies at all, and a lot of inquries, they approved me for $1,000 then 6 months later a cli of $1,000, which card were you preapproved for?

amazon
Message 6 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

They offered a Bank of "Americard" 1-2-3%

Never hear anyone talking about this card. Is this not a good card?

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 7 of 9
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

There have been multiple threads about this card. If you use the search function at the top you will find them. If I recall correctly this is a decent rewards card if you spend within the rewards categories. What is a "Good" card for one member may be "Not Good" for someone else. It all depends on your spending habits and what you are looking for in rewards.

And if you carry a balance over month to month the interest rate difference on rewards cards versus non-rewards cards will usually negate any rewards you may get.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

There have been multiple threads about this card. If you use the search function at the top you will find them. If I recall correctly this is a decent rewards card if you spend within the rewards categories. What is a "Good" card for one member may be "Not Good" for someone else. It all depends on your spending habits and what you are looking for in rewards.

And if you carry a balance over month to month the interest rate difference on rewards cards versus non-rewards cards will usually negate any rewards you may get.

I don't usually carry a ballance on my card, if I do, it's a small amount. Reason being, I would pay off my CC multiple times a month, and didn't know that interest is charged on ballance on the statement date.

I called BoA to inquire about my recent pre-approval at the branch. She took my information and came back with what the pre-approval was for, a Visa Signature card. I asked her a few basic questions like, how much of a CL would I be expecting, she said anywhere from $5000-$250,000. Asked her if a pre-approval was as good as a approval, she basically said that I fit their banking profile and the chances are good.

Is this a mumble jumble just to get me to apply? Has anyone recieved something similar?

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.