cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America taking over my Juniper Acct. Anyone else get this letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America taking over my Juniper Acct. Anyone else get this letter?

I got a letter stating BofA (via FIA) is taking over my Juniper acct.  This MIGHT explain why my 10K account (with zero balance) was suddenly dropped to 1K a few months ago?

Anyway, the APR quoted in the letter is an outrageous 18%.  I have been with Juniper long enough I don't want to close.

It's kind of a bummer as I have had numerous offers from BofA with lower interest rates and was setting up to move my (hideous) amex balance over soon.  Now I'm there by default without any BT offer.

Should I use this new card and PIF to establish good cred with BofA?  How is FIA with CLI's and stuff?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America taking over my Juniper Acct. Anyone else get this letter?

What Juniper card is this?

And what was the APR before?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was an original Juniper card from long before they were Barclay.  The Juniper APR was 14.9 (not great I know).  Ever since Barclay took over the card I had poor customer service.  Juni loved me, they CLI'd me a lot and were very lovely on the tele.  Soon as it was Barclay I stopped enjoying this card.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

When BofA takes over accounts from previous issuers it's suppose to come with the same terms. I would wait until you receive the card to see what the interest rate is, we got that letter before the cards and it stated 18% but we had a BT for life on 3.9, when the card came we still had it.
BofA took over our 5/3 card.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.