cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America to Discontinue Better Balance Rewards Card!

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA to Discontinue Better Balance Rewards & Replace Card!

I applied for 2 BBR cards 6 months ago, and the second was declined. I did a recon, and they said the computer rejected giving me a third card (i had a previous card) so they couldnt do anything. I suggested moving some of my existing credit limits, and they agreed they could do that IF the computer allowed me to have another card, but they couldnt do so in this case.

then about 3-4 months later i get a letter from Bank of America stating my denial may have been in error, and to call if i'm still interested. I call, and they say they can accept a new application via phone if i want. It wasn't any different than if i applied online myself, ie, the letter didnt really mean anything, so i declined and said i wanted to wait a full 6 months before trying again.

Ok, now its a full 6 months and 7 days, so I apply online, and I am declined. I'm not having much luck Smiley Wink

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved by phone earlier this week. Pretty low CL at $1800. But only really going to use the card for my internet payment.

Message 52 of 55
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I haven't received my new BBR card yet in the mail, but as one poster had helpfully mentioned earlier in the thread, BoA has just recently added an entry for the new BBR under my online accounts with them.  Apparently if I am understanding correctly, the SL is $9.9k, with a go-to APR of 12.74% V.  While the SL may seem a little high, there does appear to be a catch of sorts b/c the CL from my first BBR, originally $12k, has been reduced to $2.1k, and BoA has moved $9.9k of the old CL from the first BBR to the second.

Message 53 of 55
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval as well minski!  Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 55
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America to Discontinue Better Balance Rewards Card!

As new info has come to light and new thread started this one will be closed to further comments. New comments may be posted here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BBR-Discontinued-New-Info/td-p/4949902
Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.