Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - travel rewards- website does not mention it as signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America - travel rewards- website does not mention it as signature

FIrst post in this forum.

I had a standard BoA visa for the last one year. 3 weeks ago, I requested that be converted to the travel rewards.

Today, I log in to online banking and see that its a signature visa.

I just called them up and requested the card be reverted to the original card.

Is there a non signature version of the travel rewards card ?  I have heard signature does not report CL correctly. My other card is a premier rewards gold.

I m from Canada here in the US due to a transfer from work . I m new to credit here.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
defserv
Established Member

Re: Bank of America - travel rewards- website does not mention it as signature

I just converted from the cash rewards signature visa to the travel rewards to have a reported limit.. after reading your post i look at the t&c for the travel rewards card and noticed this:

if your application is approved with a credit line of $5,000 or greater, you will receive a Visa Signature® account; if your credit line is less than $5,000, you will receive a Platinum Plus® account.

Which means I did a product change for nothing.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My old card had a 5K plus limit. That explains why they converted it into signature.

The BoA rep I spoke to was surprised as to why on their website it did not mention visa signature. She said he will report that error.

I did not want both my cards to report wrong . The other being the PRG, hence reverted.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA had opened a case as a result of this, I just spoke to that department.

They will now send me the platinum visa ( same as what I had initially)  with the travel rewards features included. Just that it is not a signature card.

Message 4 of 5
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FIrst post in this forum.

I had a standard BoA visa for the last one year. 3 weeks ago, I requested that be converted to the travel rewards.

Today, I log in to online banking and see that its a signature visa.

I just called them up and requested the card be reverted to the original card.

Is there a non signature version of the travel rewards card ?  I have heard signature does not report CL correctly. My other card is a premier rewards gold.

I m from Canada here in the US due to a transfer from work . I m new to credit here.

Thanks

You can contact BOA and ask that they downgrade your card from the Visa Signature to the Visa Platinum Plus card.  For some strange reason, BOA has chosen not to report credit limits on their signature products.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.