Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America updates UTIL everyday

tag
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America updates UTIL everyday

So my BK will be discharged in a few more days, I had my girlfriend add me on to her BofA Cash Rewards card to make my reports look a little better, but I noticed by pulling my USAA dailys that every single day BofA updated the UTIL to the CB's.  This is just absolutely driving me nuts.  Anyone else notice this?  It seems basically everytime we make a purchase we are going to have to pay it off as soon as it posts, just to show low UTIL.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America updates UTIL everyday

@simi_go wrote:

So my BK will be discharged in a few more days, I had my girlfriend add me on to her BofA Cash Rewards card to make my reports look a little better, but I noticed by pulling my USAA dailys that every single day BofA updated the UTIL to the CB's.  This is just absolutely driving me nuts.  Anyone else notice this?  It seems basically everytime we make a purchase we are going to have to pay it off as soon as it posts, just to show low UTIL.

This is possible since your bankruptcy is so recent. I'm surprised they allowed you to be added, honestly. I had one of my AU's kicked off because there credit wasn't high enough -- this was a different lender though.

Message 2 of 8
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@simi_go wrote:

This is possible since your bankruptcy is so recent. I'm surprised they allowed you to be added, honestly. I had one of my AU's kicked off because there credit wasn't high enough -- this was a different lender though.

Looking through her reports as well thought I see that this has been happening since she opened the card.  Oh well we are just gonna sock drawer it until I get in with a couple of cards.

Message 3 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@simi_go wrote:

Is it reporting as an actual balance or showing up in high balance?

I made sure my first statement cut at $0, but I did spend about $500 that month and paid it off before the statement cut. That amount is showing up in the high balance field.

Message 4 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@simi_go wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@simi_go wrote:

Looking through her reports as well thought I see that this has been happening since she opened the card.  Oh well we are just gonna sock drawer it until I get in with a couple of cards.

Well there ya go, that explains it. Just a new-ish account I guess and maybe they haven't decided they know her spending patterns yet.

Message 5 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I've never heard of an update daily.  BoA will update anytime there is an account change, though.  AU added, change of address, change of credit limit, upgraded account, fraud alert, etc... will all cause a reporting update.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 8
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@simi_go wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@simi_go wrote:

Well there ya go, that explains it. Just a new-ish account I guess and maybe they haven't decided they know her spending patterns yet.

She has had the card for a year now. I would think that that would be long enough. 

Message 7 of 8
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I've never heard of an update daily.  BoA will update anytime there is an account change, though.  AU added, change of address, change of credit limit, upgraded account, fraud alert, etc... will all cause a reporting update.

We have had 3 updates in the last 5 days. I was up on as an AU about 2 weeks ago. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.