Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America

I applied for a BofA credit card and a US Airways card and got a decision pending notification on both.   I am in the process of paying down other credit cards, with a 44% utilization rate and $32, 000 total credit limits.  Do you think I stand a good chance of getting these cards.

Fico scores:
Equi-638 13 inquiries
TU-680    6 inquiries
Exp-683   6 inquiries

Thanks Everybody
Message 21 of 26
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@rom828 wrote:
Fretless,
How did you go about the increases? At activation, all at once, several requests, by phone or on line??!
What number did you call if you asked by phone? Did they do the CLIS w/soft inqs since your card was new?
DH just got approved for $5600 and we want to increase CL, so that's why all the questions! His FICOs are TU 717 EQ 681 EX 682.
Thanks!

I asked them and they softed my EX.

I spoke with Senior Credit Analysts via the backdoor number.
Here we go again...
Message 22 of 26
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a BofA credit card and a US Airways card and got a decision pending notification on both. I am in the process of paying down other credit cards, with a 44% utilization rate and $32, 000 total credit limits. Do you think I stand a good chance of getting these cards.
Fico scores:
Equi-638 13 inquiries
TU-680 6 inquiries
Exp-683 6 inquiries
Thanks Everybody

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I would wait until your util is lower, around 10 percent before asking. BOA is pretty big on low util with all of your lenders.
Here we go again...
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested the credit card accounts online the same day.  I had a rep online for the Bof A card.  After the pending message came up, the rep said that there was not anything she could do.  What do you think my chances are for getting these cards
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer your queston FretlessMayhem, just about all the credit limit increases came by the Companies' credit card Reps. during 4 -6 months wait.
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is BofA backdoor number.  Will these analysts be amendable for my situation.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.