Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America

tag
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America

thank you Everyone!! ((huggles)) I am going to muster up the courage and give them a call I just am not good at asking for anything and seem to have a hard time finding the right words to say and when someone tells me no i instantly go into shutdown mode Smiley Sad( it hurts my feelings. I wish i had more courage Smiley Happy has a drink ((diet coke)) and works on the right things to say.....
Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMPORTANT INFORMATION I found this info for you! also GL dont take no for an answer read the Chase threads there so inspiring!!! 

There is a maximum of two (2) Accounts issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. per customer.

In the event that you are and existing HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A. card customer at the time of approval, your account may include additional features and card design may differ.

If you are an existing customer applying for a second credit card with HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A., you may be automatically upgraded to our Cash Back Rewards (MasterCard or Visa) product at no additional cost. Card design may be different and Platinum benefits may vary.

If within 90 days of your Account open date, you decide you do not want the account, you can call the customer service number provided on the back of your card to cancel. Any fees, if assessed, will be reversed at no cost to you if you have not used the car

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Camilion wrote:
thank you Everyone!! ((huggles)) I am going to muster up the courage and give them a call I just am not good at asking for anything and seem to have a hard time finding the right words to say and when someone tells me no i instantly go into shutdown mode Smiley Sad( it hurts my feelings. I wish i had more courage Smiley Happy has a drink ((diet coke)) and works on the right things to say.....

Cami, you can do it!  I've found BoA reps to be nice and professional.  You might want to say something like the following--

My personal favorite reason for requesting a CLI is the TRUTH -- "I want a CLI because I simply need more purchasing power.  I would like to use my card more, but I feel my current limit is too restrictive.  I would like a new limit of $__"  This has always worked for me but sometimes the CLI offered is less than I requested.  If so, I will respond with "Is that the best you can do for me at this time?"

Others like to use the "balance transfer" excuse in which you might say "I'm considering a balance transfer but don't want to max out my card (or tie up too much of my available credit)."  (Sometimes they offer to do the transfer for you on the spot so be prepared to accept or decline the BT offer.)

Good luck!
Message 23 of 29
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Should I call the Backdoor number or the number on the card?? And i was wondering if it would be worth a shot to say...when i call. I have your bank of america platinum plus and was wondering if i might change it to your american express rewards?? if it might work without much hassle
Believe in your dreams..
Message 24 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call the backdoor and I sure would ask them to product change you and give you cli!
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just remember amex is not accepted everywhere.  Hubby has the amex and I have the world points visa as a back up.   Just be straight up with them.  I find they are always very helpful.  I just hit the luv button online (no hard) and got a 1300 increase on my visa.  Good Luck Vicki
Message 26 of 29
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Whelp..I called the back door number to speak to someone regarding applying for the rewards card that was offered to me on the MY OFFERS section of my account and was told all about the card and was offered a card that had 0 interest for 1 year with some great benefits...I was told i should apply for that one or the other one if i preferred...soo i caved and applied over the phone...I talked to the rep for quite some time and he told me that i would receive the card within 48 hours (((UPON))) approval.. I could not get any other information out of him...except that he offered to take some balance transfers right then and there... THEN he said i would hear from them within a few weeks ...after the application was completed. I felt like he found out something that was not good I don't know now if i was approved or not. I'm totally confused? Now I don't know if ill get the card or not Smiley Sad(he could or Would not tell me..he said he wouldn't know that information Also I was declined on the City Diamond card i applied for a couple weeks ago for to many Inq's ..Although i only had 3 within the last 6 months This game kills me....I have worked hard to get my scores over 700 and finally got there thinking this would get me into the big girls club..BUT i guess not.. I cant get credit to raise my scores because i have inq...I do inq in order to get the best card with the best rates and those inq cause me to loose out I have credit in order to have credit available to me...at good amounts In case I need it..BUT IF I use my cards ...I get dinged for using them...BUT if i don't use them I get hit for NOt using them I just don't know what to do at this point... I don't carry balances on most of my cards....my scores are over 700..I have no baddies...((cept recent inq for better interest and limits and I'm declined for that. I was afraid to take another inq hit ...so I didn't ask for a credit limit increase on the cards. ((Sigh)). Frustrated in California Smiley Sad( Message Edited by Camilion on 06-14-2008 08:54 AM

Message Edited by Camilion on 06-14-2008 09:02 AM
Believe in your dreams..
Message 27 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would call back door number again on monday and ask the status of your application and if it's denied ask to be reconsidered on the spot.  I have not heard of the credit analysts being so seceretive with you about information on rather your approved or not, sorry to hear your experiance wasn't quite to par. BUT don't give up, another rep, another experience
Message 28 of 29
Camilion
Regular Contributor

I just don't know what i'm doing so wrong... I've worked so hard on my credit scores YET I still get instant denials Smiley Sad( nothing bad...all reporting excellent payment history...to many recent inq?? Only a few of those....Yet I can't get anything I just don't understand
Believe in your dreams..
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.