Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of Omaha Discover Pre-approval

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Bank of Omaha Discover Pre-approval

They sent me the same offer for credit card but this time its had better benefit.......This time with Discover logo on the right bottom......

No annual fee,5% cash back on qualifying purchase......0% Apr til may 2013........ Anyone else get this?...I waiting for the the REAL DISCOVER MORE offer but i guess with my credit score i wont receive its soon.....i feel so good since i start receive some good credit cards other than some Credit one and other crappy ....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of Omaha Discover Pre-approval

I received this some time back, and more recently the Amex from FNBO.  Went to the shredder though. I have the BucksBack Visa with them, and thus far, no complaints.  All applications via manual review, therefore online applications don't get auto approved. Took about 2 weeks after i got the approval email from them.  They are very conservative lender.  I've had the card since 7/2011, started at 15k, and that's where it sits today. I've nothing negative  to speak of  at this point, but i really don't use it very much.  I believe the reviews are mixed, and benefits are really not the best compared to some of the bigger lenders.   Maybe someone else can chime in with more info.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I got a preapproval from them yesterday for the amex. I put in the codes online and the status is pending so we will see. I've read they are conservative and all my cards are fairly new so they may not like that.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 3 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

too bad i just want to add maybe one or 2 more trade line for my account...so i would wait a lil bit for a best offer Smiley Very Happy but hopefully you can get that card thou...

Message 4 of 8
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I keep reading this as "Bank of Obama", lol.

Anyways, does this card have the same rotating categories as the More/IT for the 5% cash back?  The no annual fee and 0% until April or May sounds pretty good.  If you don't want to wait for an offer for the More card, I'd say go for this one if you really want it.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 5 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

I keep reading this as "Bank of Obama", lol.

Anyways, does this card have the same rotating categories as the More/IT for the 5% cash back?  The no annual fee and 0% until April or May sounds pretty good.  If you don't want to wait for an offer for the More card, I'd say go for this one if you really want it.

You've been spotting too many political updates online Smiley LOL

Or, you may want to consider getting a bigger screen and\or an eye exam Smiley Wink

I agree with Sakhalin about waiting and getting the card and perks you really want.  And FNBO is VERY conservative at times (which is usually LOL).  Make sure you have your "ducks" in a row before applying with them (just my 2 cents).  Smiley Happy   

Too be completely honest Nicholas, the baddies you listed in your siggy,  really lower your chances for FNBO and Discover.  Neither of those lenders are too forgiving when it comes to those Smiley Sad  I'd hate for you to take an INQ for nothing.  Maybe check the offers page on Discover to see if you're there and if not, it may at least put you on their radar.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 8
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Don't be too pessimistic, I actually got my Discover More back in late April with scores around yours.  At the time my TU was 659 and my EQ would have been around the 650 range.

At the time I had just been on an app spree (opened 5 accounts in about a month), so I'm not sure exactly what had reported by the time Discover got hold of me, but prior to the spree I had an AAoA of about 5 years, 3 opened CCs that were 2.5-4 years old all with limits under $1000, at least 4 negs (COs and collections) and one open loan. Aside from the COs/collections - all of my other accounts were in perfect standing and my util was probably around 33%.  

I got approved for the Discover More with a starting limit of $1000, did a BT right away hoping they'd up the limit (but they didn't) and I just saw yesterday that I got a CLI from them without requesting it.  It was only $300, but that's still a 30% increase Smiley Wink

I've also gotten two FNBO letters since all that, the most recent was the Discover offer (not sure what the first was) they were about 3 months apart.  I didn't act on the first, and have the second somewhere around here in case I find myself wanting to take advantage of the 0% interest around Christmas time.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 7 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Revisio: thanks for your advice I know my change to get approved about 50% since the baddie only 4 years......but I had one of my relative getting approved with similar credit file but only 640 Fico score.........I might bite it one day but I'm just sit tight and wait for my score bump up some more and apps for something in the next 1 or 2 years........then garden forever lol....

to modernsureon this is of the thing I hate to apps for something and get limit toy limit.........I rather would wait but grow limit a lil bit every 6  Month or so.........I had three toys limit already and I hate that...........I'm on the process with dispute, remove and clean up my credit report so everything I do I'm try to make sure it's 100% good move for my credit file in the future..............

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.