Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of Scamerica .........A bunch of chumps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of Scamerica .........A bunch of chumps

Just was informed I'm getting a haircut.....off my Credit Limit was 10k now 1k.  I can't stand those **bleep** chumps. They took the T.A.R.P. money now they say the hell with their customers.Man Mad

Bank of Scamerica your days hopefully numbered..... Man Mad

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of Scamerica .........A bunch of chumps

First American Express and now Bank of America.

The banks are going to come out standing the but the average borrower is going to loose 100 points in his/her credit file, does not seem fair.

I think I need to get a new signature line... I'm paying, I'm paying, as fast as I can, please leave me alone for a little longer! 

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share your history with this card....useage, utilization....and your CR in general.  Did anything change in your CR, spending habits, balances, payment patterns, etc.?

I am curious as I also have BoA.

Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a loyal customer with Bank of Scamerica and my card utilization, was well under 1% i rarely used the card but i kept it in good standing. As far as my credit report go's. i have had credit since i was a teen never late not even once. I have 5 items in total on my report.A bank loan for $2,500 and three paid off cards and my Bank of Scamerica card. My spending is simple, i don't spend. That's how people get into trouble....running up balances they can't afford. But i have called them this morning and told them to cancel the card. I don't like being treated this way. My salary is 75,000 a year and my scores are

Equifax 726, Trans Union 717, Experian 740

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked into Alliant and PenFed CU's.  I too have banking/cards with BoA.  But recently I diversified out to Alliant (8.5% fixed) and PenFed.

Having closed the account prior to finding another card may be a litte premature.  However, you will benefit from its history for the next 10 years.

Check into CU's, they tend to have good, stable rates.  I made the jump (though I am keeping BoA).

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-15-2009 07:36 AM
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 74King! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the CLD... that sucks. On the other hand, you noted that you rarely use the card. BoA seems to be paying a lot of attention to usage, and adjusting credit lines based on that. And, in some cases, outright closing cards. The extension of unused credit lines has become a big liability for banks. Believe me, it's not just BoA. It took off with Amex, and all of the big banks have followed suit (Chase, Citi, WellsFargo, etc...). The new game is to actually use credit if you want to have/keep credit.

It's a good thing to use credit responsibly, not digging yourself into a huge debt pit that you can't possibly climb out of. However, there are ways to utilize credit to work in your favor without incurring debt. There are a lot of people (myself included!) who are keeping our credit lines oiled and limber by using cards for every day expenses and then paying in full. I currently have very little debt (small amount owed on a new car). I use my credit cards to pay for everything that can be paid for with a credit card: utility bills, groceries, gas, travel expenses, service fees, medical bills/fees, charitable donations, etc... These are my normal monthly expenses that would have to be paid no matter what. So, I use a credit card, and then pay without incurring any interest charges. It works well. It keeps the banks happy, which in turn keeps me happy when they pass me over for adverse action, LOL! I don't have to go out and rack up any debt that I can't pay, just for the sake of card usage. AND, I get to rack up rewards.

It's definitely the time to save, save, save. But, saving does not preclude you from being able to use credit to your advantage. And, there are no guarantees that usage will prevent future AA. To the contrary, I'm expecting some type of adverse action, in some form or another, before it's all said and done.

The good news is that if you have no balances, then the CLD won't hurt you at all FICOwise. The bad news is that closing the card will eventually (10 years) result in the loss of an old and helpful tradeline. Why don't you try calling one of the BoA Backdoor numbers and talking to a credit analyst. They might be willing to reopen your account and restore the tradeline. Credit card arbitrage is our friend!

Message 6 of 38
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Bank of Scamerica....hilarious!  Smiley Very Happy

NFCU has treated us VERY well, we're going to stick with them.  I'm sorry that happened to you OP, Dillard's just chopped us and it's sad. 

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you bank NFCU or just credit there?  There rates on accounts seem dismally low.  I recently joined and await the welcome packet....
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, but once my mind is made up it's done, i could care less if it's an old tradeline, i don't use credit that often so my scores won't be hurt in the least. It's just, you want those lines to be there if something should happen. And obviosly they don't respect me as a valued customer, because i have never abused their line of credit on my Platinum so they had no right to decrease my line to basically nothing. My nephew has higher lines of credit then 1k and he's 19. I'm 35 with a history that go's back sometime. But it's ok, I'll live" the bast#rds won't get away with this it always catches up. I can't stand these greedy bankers, they are the reason the country is in a shambles now......cooking up schemesMan Mad

But that's another talk session. Thanks all for your input and allowing me to vent alittle.

Message 9 of 38
score_building
Senior Contributor

i hear ya, but LilMirth offers a high level run down imo.  i imagine that one reason she is able to consistently do so with such fluidity is because she fails to personalize banking/ business decisions whether or not she likes them.

it is your choice if you are unable or unwilling to budge once you've made a decision but closing accounts can have notable consequences and unless there are extraneous fees on the card it almost never helps.  clearly it is your choice but just sayin' it is not like you are in a small group that is being treated this way.  they've made some across the board climatic revisions.

Message Edited by score_building on 04-15-2009 05:04 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.