Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of Scamerica .........A bunch of chumps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of Scamerica .........A bunch of chumps

I have noticed a lot of people getting big whacks on their credit limits, and when pressed for more info many of them say they rarely used the card, or the highest balance they ever carried was X amount and coincidentally that is what the bank chopped their limit too. Perhaps that is one of the main reasons people are getting the CLD's?

Honestly I am not on the banks side here, but if they have all this credit out on loan to you and you have never used it why shouldn't they take it back. It is after all their money. It makes their books look better.  

Everyone I know who is in deep doo-doo financially with their CC's has not seen a decrease. In fact some have seen an increase.

There used to be a saying "Use it or lose it."  I think, unfortunately,  it fits the new trend in credit card limits.

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come'on man....you state your not on the Banks side...please.. So tell me what would propose people done if they have a credit line of 10k ...run up the whole ten. And pay the minimum payment "PLEASE" you **bleep** well know that the Banks are dead wrong for chopping credit lines. Banks when they issue credit lines the funds aren't really their. That's why authorization is needed. That is just the bank stating that we will extend you X amount of dollars if you need it based on X. You could have a credit line right now for 1,000,000 dollars and try and buy a bag of chips at a costco's and if the banks says no on that authorization GUESS WHAT. Then you don't get that bag of chips even if it says you have 1,000,000 available. It's all about banks being GREEDY not wanting to be exposed and sewing up their balance sheets to purchase other banks. They need to leave people how don't do have credit problems alone. And I'm sure you heard this saying Pappy214 " IF IT AINT BROKE" DON'T FIX IT" People who have had no problems in the past should be left alone. PERIOD

WAKE UP Pappy214

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pappy214 " IF IT AINT BROKE" DON'T FIX IT" People who have had no problems in the past should be left alone. PERIOD

WAKE UP Pappy214

Does what happened to you suck? Yes. Is it fair? No. Is life fair? No.

"If it ain't broke don't fix i:t, thats a good saying, except the economy is broke. It needs fixing.  

You yourself admitted you never used the money they extended to you. So why is it their fault they decided to take it back? Bank of Scamerica, ha! Catchy, but you know what, except for some CU's (and my guess is they will be next in all this mess to start doing funny things) every bank has shafted its customers. Citi, AMEX, HSBC, Crap 1, and even everyone's good old favorite Bank of ScAmerica has started doing this.

Banks are greedy, They have always been greedy. That will never change.

Why not start a rant on how the Mets are playing in Citibank Stadium when those greedy bastiges took billions in bailout funds and won't even give out CC's anymore to those of us with decent FICO scores.

The system sounds broke to me, on more levels than one.

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we can all agree that irrespective to whether we agree with the decisions banks are making, that the financial sector as a whole is going though a signficnant period of transition and policy change.

Unfortunately, this means that what used to be great may now only be good, what was good may only now be fair and if you were fair.....well, you get my gist.  What once works now does not or not as well.

So, I think that as the banks redefine themselves, this may mean that we have to redefine our relationships, which ultimately may mean changing banking relationships to those more inline with our outlook and circumstances.

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pappy214 " IF IT AINT BROKE" DON'T FIX IT" People who have had no problems in the past should be left alone. PERIOD

WAKE UP Pappy214

"If it ain't broke don't fix i:t, thats a good saying, except the economy is broke. It needs fixing.  

You yourself admitted you never used the money they extended to you. So why is it their fault they decided to take it back? Bank of Scamerica, ha! Catchy, but you know what, except for some CU's (and my guess is they will be next in all this mess to start doing funny things) every bank has shafted its customers. Citi, AMEX, HSBC, Crap 1, and even everyone's good old favorite Bank of ScAmerica has started doing this.

Why not start a rant on how the Mets are playing in Citibank Stadium when those greedy bastiges took billions in bailout funds and won't even give out CC's anymore to those of us with decent FICO scores.

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING.....Pappy214 It is broken....but not from people like pal. I pay my bills just like allot of other good people. The people aren't the problem pal.....it's the banking practices....and for the record. ALL BANKS aren't greedy and out for profits at all cost. The BIG banks are like that.......And you are part of the problem also...because you think that the people are the problem. The banks were the ones that caused the economic meltdown.But then again you know that because you probably work for Bank of Scamerica.

I'll end it on that note......

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WAKE UP Pappy214

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING.....Pappy214 It is broken....but not from people like pal. I pay my bills just like allot of other good people. The people aren't the problem pal.....it's the banking practices....and for the record. ALL BANKS aren't greedy and out for profits at all cost. The BIG banks are like that.......And you are part of the problem also...because you think that the people are the problem. The banks were the ones that caused the economic meltdown.But then again you know that because you probably work for Bank of Scamerica.

I'll end it on that note......

Very interesting discussion.

74king, I dont think Pappy ever mentioned that the people are at fault!

TBH, I agree with most posters on this one. Its not fair that the banks are taking away a line of credit they once extended you when you have been doing everything right, but it is also true that them extending a line of credit to anybody is at their discretion! They CAN take it away if you dont utilize it to make their books better.

These are unusual times and unusual circumstances. The whole world is reconsidering their options! People are saving more to cover themselves if they loose their jobs... and Banks are going lean because they need to survive too!!

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read between the lines......it's not hard to see. But in any case that's my opinion.Smiley Surprised
Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are unusual times and unusual circumstances. The whole world is reconsidering their options! People are saving more to cover themselves if they loose their jobs... and Banks are going lean because they need to survive too!!

GOING LEAN.....PLEASE........... TO SURVIVE.Come'on they took T.A.R.P. Money and their balance sheets are very healthy. Bank of Scamerica, Goldman Sachs, Citi, they are all posted profits last quarter.........Smiley Sadtoo survive. STOP IT.

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have to agree with 74king. 

besides, it isn't the bank's money they are taking back, it's OUR money.  TARP money was taken from the very pockets of the people who are getting ripped off.

now BOA is sending billions overseas.  i say burn it and sew the earth with salt. TARP was a mistake and i would have closed my BOA account if i had one Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 38
score_building
Senior Contributor

pgsparx wrote:

i have to agree with 74king. 

besides, it isn't the bank's money they are taking back, it's OUR money.  TARP money was taken from the very pockets of the people who are getting ripped off.

now BOA is sending billions overseas.  i say burn it and sew the earth with salt. TARP was a mistake and i would have closed my BOA account if i had one Smiley Happy

in the world of banking "(almost) everybody does it" sign of the times. i'm afraid boa is in good 'big boy' company in that respect.

not saying it is right but you'll have a lot of cards to close, not just boa, if that is the criteria.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.