Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of america PC?

I heard it was no longer possible for any PCs for bank of america. Is this true?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of america PC?

It is still possible but not if you want to PC to the Better Balance Rewards card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

It is still possible but not if you want to PC to the Better Balance Rewards card.

That's not correct, no PCs options are available as of Nov 1st, even between other products.  OP, you're more than welcome to check with them.

Message 3 of 35
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

That's not correct, no PCs options are available as of Nov 1st, even between other products.  OP, you're more than welcome to check with them.

Oh man. I had no idea. I thought it was just that card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Nope, but that was one of the reasons for their recent PC policy restrictions.

Message 5 of 35
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Nope, but that was one of the reasons for their recent PC policy restrictions.

Yeah when I called about my secured card, I got the same answer.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 6 of 35
juggar
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I heard it was no longer possible for any PCs for bank of america. Is this true?

They did a product change for me in the middle of November. 

Well kinda, I asked for my Cash Rewards card to be upgraded to Visa Sig and they said they would have to PC my card to the newer edition of it since mine was no longer available. 

I think they changed it to a cash rewards 123 and it showed on my credit report just like a PC would. 

I got the new card which looks exactly the same and all the literature that comes with a new card. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 7 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They did a product change for me in the middle of November. 

Well kinda, I asked for my Cash Rewards card to be upgraded to Visa Sig and they said they would have to PC my card to the newer edition of it since mine was no longer available. 

I think they changed it to a cash rewards 123 and it showed on my credit report just like a PC would. 

I got the new card which looks exactly the same and all the literature that comes with a new card. 

Just for clarification, upgrades can be done (i.e. standard card to Visa Signature), conversions from card family product to another cannot.

Message 8 of 35
celluloid17
Established Contributor

This news is disappointing.  Can we still move credit limits between cards (usually a HP) or is that no longer an option as well?

Message 9 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@celluloid17 wrote:

This news is disappointing.  Can we still move credit limits between cards (usually a HP) or is that no longer an option as well?

Yes, you can still reallocate CLs between BofA/FIA cards, just not convert from one family product to another.  Essentially, if you have Cash Rewards card and want to close and reallocate entire CL to Better Balance Rewards card, you can do that - of course with a HP.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.