cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of america secured card unsecured ?

tag
supersam101
Contributor

Re: Bank of america secured card unsecured ?

I believe it was a soft pull to unsecure the card. I didn't call them to unsecure it. The card unsecured automatically. It was a hard pull on transunion for the credit limit increase to $1500. I got notified from privacy assist about the hard pull on transunion for the increase.
Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 11 of 34
toppers555
Established Contributor

I wouldn't be so quick to pull trigger to close account because they will not remove AF.  I know my graduration was a hp, but then again I had 5500 limit and I requested it.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 12 of 34
supersam101
Contributor

I am planning to apply for another Bank of America cash rewards card and let both cards age and when the formally secured card hits 2 years old I will consolidate the credit limit to the no annual fee card. Is that a good plan ?
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 13 of 34
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Mine unsecured in August and two days later I called and had them PC to a 1-2-3 rewards card. There's no hp for it and I recieved the card a few weeks later. If you are interested in a rewards card they will pc it but the af does stay. Just a lil food for the thought.
Message 14 of 34
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I'm on 9 months and still can't get them to unsecure me. They keep telling me that I would have to wait 12 months before they can review the account. What did you do ? 

Message 15 of 34
supersam101
Contributor

I didn't do anything special lol. All I did was pif every month. At my 10 statement I let 1 dollar report by accident and on the 11 statement I let 0 dollars report. Then I made a payment and the next day I saw the deposit in my account for $600 bucks. I bank with them so they must love me lol. Smiley Happy
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 16 of 34
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Lol ok that's awesome! And Owen did you open this account ? 

Message 17 of 34
supersam101
Contributor

Do you mean when did I open the account ? October 2011
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 18 of 34
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Did you notice them softing you every month. They would be doing it on TU if they were. Typically they don't do it till the 12th month and usually you have to make a move to get it done and its a HP for that so you got lucky OP. Congrats
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 19 of 34
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Typo.....and ok, mines was opened in January 2012....so yeah; I'll have to wait. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.