Justin028

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

Hello,

I applied for the Cash Rewards card on Friday and was approved for $500 however I'd rather accumulate points instead of cash back. I haven't gotten the card yet but am I able to call BOA and ask them to convert it over? Will it be another hp?

Thanks

Blogger
HiLine

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

[ Edited ]

Product change requests do not result in hard pulls.

Regular Contributor
blacklotus

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

I just got done talking to my credit union about this.  I have a visa classic from them with a 2.5k CL.  I had opened this up when I started improving my Fico's.  Now my other credit cards CL dwarf this one.  

A PC resulted in a soft pull from EX.  I asked that since my other credit cards have a CL of 5k and above if it was not possible to increase my CL on this card to 5k.  The CSR told me that this would involve a hard pull.  I respectfully declined because I only have two inquiries on my EX report (Chase) one of which should fall off in February 2013. 

BTW it took two inquiries to increase my Chase Freedom to a 5k CL- the first was denied.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}