cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

tag
Justin028
Established Member

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

Hello,

I applied for the Cash Rewards card on Friday and was approved for $500 however I'd rather accumulate points instead of cash back. I haven't gotten the card yet but am I able to call BOA and ask them to convert it over? Will it be another hp?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

Product change requests do not result in hard pulls.

Message 2 of 3
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa convert to Power Rewards?

I just got done talking to my credit union about this.  I have a visa classic from them with a 2.5k CL.  I had opened this up when I started improving my Fico's.  Now my other credit cards CL dwarf this one.  

A PC resulted in a soft pull from EX.  I asked that since my other credit cards have a CL of 5k and above if it was not possible to increase my CL on this card to 5k.  The CSR told me that this would involve a hard pull.  I respectfully declined because I only have two inquiries on my EX report (Chase) one of which should fall off in February 2013. 

BTW it took two inquiries to increase my Chase Freedom to a 5k CL- the first was denied.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.