Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa

Hey everyone, as you can see I'm new to myFico and the forum.  I applied for a Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa the other day and was denied, but they offered me a partially secured card for the 99/500 deal.  What they are sending me is a BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa card, but I had to put a 99$ deposit down for it.  Has anyone else received this offer, and is it a good card?  I've just recently started trying to build my credit back up and have become very interested in the whole "hobby" of doing it.  Oh, I also was accepted for a Capital 1 Secured Card on a 49/200 deal.  From what I've read the Cap 1 isn't the best of cards, but hoping it will help me in my goal of raising my credit score.  Thanks in advance for any insight on these two cards.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa

Welcome to the forums. I've been with BofA for a while now. This is a good offer. Take care of the card. Use it heavily and always PIF. This card should graduate into an unsecured card and will grow and prosper as your score continues to climb. Congrats on the approval and again welcome!!
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 2 of 14
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I remember seeing way more posts about the 99/500 secured deal a few years ago when they were really popular.  I think you got a fantastic deal, though.  After around a year it'll probably full unsecure and you'll get your deposit back, and they'll likely double the limit (unless that policy has changed).  If it's the same as the 3-2-1 card then you also have a very good rewards program for a secured card.

Message 3 of 14
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yah, the rewards offered are 1% on very thing, 2% on groceries and 3% on gas purchases.  I believe this is the same rewards that you are speaking of.  At the time I was accepting the offer, I didn't relize it was for a rewards card.  I'm pretty excited to of received this great offer.  I've been reading alot on here about util and gardening etc.  So I believe I'm ready to make the best out of this.  The best thing is, they have already reported my credit line to the bureaus and my scores have already gone up considerably.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

That's a great offer. When I got my secured card I had to deposit 100% of the credit line. But my card is still a really good deal for someone looking to build a credit history, thanks to the rewards. Not many other secured card has cash back rewards, while this card is essentially the BankAmericaCard that requires a deposit and an annual fee for the first year. 

Message 5 of 14
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats, BOA is a descent bank to start with.  It will grow with you, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 14
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Got The Same Exact Deal (99/500). 

Live ahead It For A Few Months Now, And use It Mostly For Filling Up My Gas. 

That Gets You So Much Money Back.! And You Can Get A Mobile pay Tag To Stick On Your Phone, Which I Think Is Pretty Cool. 

Lid Say Go Ahead And take The Deal. Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

Forgot to mention that BofA also has Add It Up and BankAmeriDeals programs for even more, generous cash back. 

Message 8 of 14
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

its a good card ive already redeemed $100 since i had this card of october of 2011.

amazon
Message 9 of 14
Justin028
Established Member

I received this exact deal on last Friday to my surprise. Even though I didn't end up getting the Signature card, I'm very pleased to have gotten this offer. I do have a question questions tho:

.01 Is there an introductory APR offer 0% for 12 mos for this card?

.02 Will I be able to convert this card to Points? Cash Back is nice but I actually prefer redeeming for points instead.

Edit:

I also received the CapitalOne $49/200 card earlier this year and it has been a tremendous help on my credit score. I pay off the balance every month and they increased my credit limit to $300 after 6 months. Now that I have the BOA card I plan on using the Cap1 card as a back up.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.