cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards change from Signature Visa to Platinum Plus Mastercard

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

BankAmericard Cash Rewards change from Signature Visa to Platinum Plus Mastercard

I was able to successfully do change my Signature Visa with a $10,000.00 limit into a Platinum Plus Mastercard. Same cash rewards program (kept my cash reward), same APR, same credit limit -- except, the limit will now report on my credit reports. Smiley Happy

Took BofA approximately 2-weeks to initiate the transfer once I made the request; should have the new card within 7-10 days.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards change from Signature Visa to Platinum Plus Mastercard

Did they pulled your credit report, i guess they shud not..

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards change from Signature Visa to Platinum Plus Mastercard

They dont have a World Mastercard?

Message 3 of 20
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Pardeep wrote:

Did they pulled your credit report, i guess they shud not..

Nope, no pull for this.

Message 4 of 20
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They dont have a World Mastercard?

They do, but I wanted the limit to report on my credit files, so I chose the Platinum Plus Mastercard.

Message 5 of 20
logan_720
Established Contributor

Generally speaking, when someone PC's, or product changes their card just to a different card, there is no hard pull done. As for the World Mastercard, I believe it acts the same as the Visa Signature, which is NPSL. 

Message 6 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You are too in love with limit reporting. There is nothing wrong with not reporting a limit.

Visa Signature to Platinum MasterCard is a big downgrade. You are losing extended warranty protection (MC has the worst warranty vs Platinum Visa), travel perks, etc.

Message 7 of 20
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You are too in love with limit reporting. There is nothing wrong with not reporting a limit.

Visa Signature to Platinum MasterCard is a big downgrade. You are losing extended warranty protection (MC has the worst warranty vs Platinum Visa), travel perks, etc.

True, if my goal was to have the Signature perks, but I am not interested. My Amex Premier Rewards card will suffice if I need additional purchase protection.

Message 8 of 20
logan_720
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

+1,000

Message 9 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

You sure it wasn't reporting limits?  Many visa sig reporting limits now

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.