cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Credit App Decision????

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: BankAmericard Credit App Decision????

I just did...it says 'under review.' I have not received a credit alert for an inquiry so that's good news...especially If in the end I'm denied!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

I applied online today after reading some of the other posters' positive comments. I NEED a major credit card -- unsecured --  so I can better quailfy for a home loan in a few months....my credit score is not moving because I paid off the one card I had, I've been reading here that I need at least three. Here is the decision i received:

Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days.

For more information regarding Bank of America products and services, please visit:http://www.bankofamerica.com 

Your submission of this application indicates your agreement with each of the conditions and disclosures for this credit card account.

IS THIS A SLOW "NO???!!!"

Good luck on your application, but looking at your scores, a major CC without going the secured route may be a stretch.  I would try to get some store cards from GE, wait about 6 months to get your scores higher and then try for a major card like Cap1 or Barclays (may need 1 year for Barclays).  But to make an impact NOW a secured card that reports to all 3 would help start to raise your scores.

When you are contemplating buying a home, you need to give yourself more time than a few months to make an impact on your scores.  What is the minimum score requirement for a home purchase?  I'm not sure but I believe it could be around 620 to 630.  Do you have any baddies that need taking care of?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 23
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Good luck but don't get your hopes up to high.  A sub 650 score is typically secured card territory with BOA.  

Message 13 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

there will be an inquiry for all credit card apps with bank of america, even if you are declined.

Usually it takes 24-48hours for the inquiry to show up.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 23
RSCo
Established Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

I just did...it says 'under review.' I have not received a credit alert for an inquiry so that's good news...especially If in the end I'm denied!  Smiley Happy

Well that seems encouraging... mine was denied within 10 min of me applying AFTER the pre-qual'd me.. I was not a happy camper that I took a hard pull AFTER they recommeded the card after prequal... Smiley Sad

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 15 of 23
negg
Frequent Contributor

When I applied I was given the 7-10 day message. I instantly called and it was approved in 30 seconds, my DOB is wrong on exp credit report. Verifyied my info and was approved.
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 16 of 23
toi34
Established Contributor

Thanks everybody for all of the good info. Well If I'm denied for the regular card I am going to convince them to give me the secured card, at least an inquiry would not have been in vain. 

Message 17 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

Thanks everybody for all of the good info. Well If I'm denied for the regular card I am going to convince them to give me the secured card, at least an inquiry would not have been in vain. 

Do you bank with them as well?  Hopefully so to give you some leveragability to get the secured CC.  However, BOA still makes you qualify for a secured and IMO they are very strict for a secured.  They are a weird beast for sure.  Perhaps though if you get the right underwriter you can plead your case with them to open one for you.  Let us know how it goes.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 23
RSCo
Established Contributor

@negg wrote:
When I applied I was given the 7-10 day message. I instantly called and it was approved in 30 seconds, my DOB is wrong on exp credit report. Verifyied my info and was approved.

ahh.. maybe i'll call them tomorrow and try to convince them my credit card balances are wrong and they will approve me too.. Smiley Happy

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 19 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good luck fingers crossed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.