Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Platinum Plus MC 0% APR Purchases or 0% Balance Transfers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BankAmericard Platinum Plus MC 0% APR Purchases or 0% Balance Transfers

I received my BankAmericard Platinum Plus MC today with a $11K total credit line.  In reading the terms on line it states

"If you take advantage of this promotional offer, you will be charged interest on purchases made with your credit card. For example, if you transfer $2,000 with this offer and carry this balance, and then use this credit card to make a $500 purchase, your $500 purchase will be charged interest."

So basically even though the APR rate for purchases is 0.00% for 15 months and balance transfer APR is is 0.00% for 15 months with no trafser fee based on the above I can only do one or the other but not both?  Is that correct?  I can not transfer and also use to make purchases or I will be charged interest?

That doesn't really make sense?  What if I wanted to transfer for the 0% and also make a large purchase?  Based on the wording it seems like I will be charged interest on the purchase.

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BankAmericard Platinum Plus MC 0% APR Purchases or 0% Balance Transfers

That one is admittedly tricky. Yes, if you make a purchase you will be charged your full 0% promotional APR on those purchases and the 0% APR will begin to accrue as soon as the charges post. It's boilerplate that makes no sense at first glance with a 0% purchase APR but makes perfect sense with a 24.99% purchase APR. Spend away but make sure it's paid off in 15 months.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh ok I will be charged 0% interest.  Got it.  When the interest is 0% like you said reading it can be tricky.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No problem at all!  Like I said, it doesn't make sense until you see that the wording is identical whether you have a promotional APR or not.  Let's say you have a real 14.9% purchase APR and a 16.9% cash advance APR, when you receive your actual statement from BOA there will be four lines showing your accrued interest and the balances they pertain to: 0% Balance Transfer (and end of promo date), 0% Purchase Promo (and end of promo date), 14.9% Purchases, and 16.9% Cash Advances.  Anything you purchase now will be at the 0% rate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.