Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard, and BoA pre-approval/special offers

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

BankAmericard, and BoA pre-approval/special offers

I was recently pre-approved for a BoA BankAmericard 3-2-1 Cash Reward Visa Signature. I didn't get anything in the mail. Instead, I was in a branch talking to one of the bankers regarding something else, and she brought it up. I asked her how real are these pre-approvals. She said these are for "select" customers fitting their profile. I asked her if it was as good as approved, and she said yes and guaranteed. I didn't apply because I wasn't sure if she was feeding me what I wanted to hear or not.

I logged onto my online banking and saw the same card in my Special Offers area.

My question is: are these really guaranteed approval since I'm already a customer? Im hesitent because I don't want to take another inquiry on my EX report if I can't get the CL I want, which is $3-4000. Could I just freeze my EX which in turn will force them to pull my other 2 CR?? Also, does this card report the CL to the CRA?

To be honest, I think I would like their AmEx more, but probably don't qualify for it now. I can PC from this to the AmEx in the future right? Do co-branded AmEx cards have the same policies as regular AmEx cards(like back dating).

Thanks y'all

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Re: BankAmericard, and BoA pre-approval/special offers

1. Co-branded AMEX cards don't backdate. They only use the AMEX network that's about it.

2. Why get an AMEX network card and be limited in the number of places where you can use it

3. Even though this card reports as a flexible spending account it still reports a CL

4. From my own experience it seems to be somewhat easier to get approved for a card if you apply from within your online account. You don't even have to supply much information either

Message 2 of 4
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

My special offers always shows a preapproval for their business card. I have emailed them a few times that not only do i not have a business but i am retired.

Still have my special offer...i would not place too much trust in it, but that is just me.
Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chris +1

Preapprovals aren't guaranteed.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.