Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard - update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BankAmericard - update

Thank you UpUpUp - this really helps. I am going to ask for a product change. The only reason I went for this card is to get a high limit which should help with my util. I have an amex charge card that is not reporting correctly on TU and I did not want another no limit card. When I applied for the BankAmericard, they did not say it was going to be a signature card. When I asked them, they actually confirmed that it was going to report a limit.

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem with signature cards is that they can mess up your utilization if they do not report properly. Since you are card is new and there is no balance reflected on your CR's, the points you lost can't be because of the way it's reporting. When you add a new account your score usually goes down and you slowly gain those points back each month. 

If you do a product change you shouldn't have another TL added to your reports. BofA is really good with this kind of stuff and while it seems to take a while and your online banking will slowly transition over, the credit reporting stuff seems pretty seemless with them. I did a product changes several months ago and it went fine. The one TL simply replaced the other keeping all the history. What it really seems is that the new account number simply replaced the old, but I can't say for sure how all that works.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Max09!

Could you please also post your BankAmericard's credit limit reporting experience here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=77613

Thank you very much!  We'd appreciate it!!!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

will do.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Max09!

Could you please also post your BankAmericard's credit limit reporting experience here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=77613

Thank you very much!  We'd appreciate it!!!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Max09!!!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.