Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard upgrade?

tag
vayub4
Regular Contributor

BankAmericard upgrade?

Hi Fico Fam,

This is my first ever credit card which I got as a secured card because BOA turned me down when I innially applied for a card. I started with $300 than after about 6 months I added $200 more to make it $500

I only went over the limit once after about a year of use due to interests they charged but I always paid the minimum due. It was after I discovered MyFico that I found out that it is better to always pay off almost everything which I have been doing n this card for almost a year. 

I called BOA after a year and 6 months to refund my deposit and make this card an unsecured card, they ran my credit report and the only problem they had with it was the judgement on my CR! They turned me down! (At this point I had just gone on an app spree, out of 5 apps got approved for 4!) I said OK, I cherished this card somewhat because it was and is still my first CC....

After a year I got a mail from BOA saying they upgraded my card to an unsecured one and mailed me a check for my deposit! Three months later I requested for a CLI, took them a week but they increased it to $1900... This was earlier this month, this card has no rewards of any kind... It is the only card out of 10 cards that I have with no rewards and I have an AF of $39!!! I do not pay AF on any of my other cards!!!

Now My question, if I call to have this card upgraded to a rewards card with no AF would it be a hard pull on my scores??? I have a lot of inquiries and would not like to add any to it for another 2 years.

Discover IT $25,500 Chase Freedom $14,500 CapOne QuickSilver $10,000 Walmart Mastercard $10,000 PayPal Xtras Mastercard $10,000 JCP $7,500 BOA Cash Rewards $6,900 OldNavy Visa $5,000 BarclayCard $3,700 Macys $3,500 HH Gregg $3,500 BestBuy $2,000 Last APP June/2016(useless rental apartment)Inquiries: Trans/7 Exp/16 Eqi/27
(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BankAmericard upgrade?

@vayub4 wrote:

Hi Fico Fam,

This is my first ever credit card which I got as a secured card because BOA turned me down when I innially applied for a card. I started with $300 than after about 6 months I added $200 more to make it $500

I only went over the limit once after about a year of use due to interests they charged but I always paid the minimum due. It was after I discovered MyFico that I found out that it is better to always pay off almost everything which I have been doing n this card for almost a year. 

I called BOA after a year and 6 months to refund my deposit and make this card an unsecured card, they ran my credit report and the only problem they had with it was the judgement on my CR! They turned me down! (At this point I had just gone on an app spree, out of 5 apps got approved for 4!) I said OK, I cherished this card somewhat because it was and is still my first CC....

After a year I got a mail from BOA saying they upgraded my card to an unsecured one and mailed me a check for my deposit! Three months later I requested for a CLI, took them a week but they increased it to $1900... This was earlier this month, this card has no rewards of any kind... It is the only card out of 10 cards that I have with no rewards and I have an AF of $39!!! I do not pay AF on any of my other cards!!!

Now My question, if I call to have this card upgraded to a rewards card with no AF would it be a hard pull on my scores??? I have a lot of inquiries and would not like to add any to it for another 2 years.

no they can product change you without a hp, you can even do chat online.

Message 2 of 9
TFreshStart
Valued Member

I was just approved for this secured card and I haven't even receive it yet and I was able to add the 123 Rewards to my secured card. Not sure how it works after you have graduated. I would call and ask.

I do have a question for you. You said they denied your graduation because of your judgment. I have two judgments and I was wondering if they would hold up the graduation process. Was your judgment reporting as paid or unpaid at the time of the request? Was it a high dollar value?

Thanks T

Message 3 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

In fact, it's very easy to PC on the chat!! That's how I've usually always done my PCs with BoA.
Message 4 of 9
vayub4
Regular Contributor

Judgement was unpaid at the time and is still unpaid and will remain unpaid until it drops off my CR! The same reason Amex denied me the BCE but I have enough cards already so I don't really care

Discover IT $25,500 Chase Freedom $14,500 CapOne QuickSilver $10,000 Walmart Mastercard $10,000 PayPal Xtras Mastercard $10,000 JCP $7,500 BOA Cash Rewards $6,900 OldNavy Visa $5,000 BarclayCard $3,700 Macys $3,500 HH Gregg $3,500 BestBuy $2,000 Last APP June/2016(useless rental apartment)Inquiries: Trans/7 Exp/16 Eqi/27
(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 5 of 9
TFreshStart
Valued Member

@vayub4 wrote:

Judgement was unpaid at the time and is still unpaid and will remain unpaid until it drops off my CR! The same reason Amex denied me the BCE but I have enough cards already so I don't really care

Thanks. Mine were recently paid and I will make sure they are reported as paid, when I try to unsecure. Good luck with your product change and thanks for sharing!!

Message 6 of 9
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Here is the #1-855-359-9459 card services to PC to cash rewards its a very simple 3 minute call.Good luck

Message 7 of 9
vayub4
Regular Contributor

so I was able to get the card changed to the better balance rewards card... I tried to get them to drop the annual fee through chat but they said no and that nothing will change in my current fees and interests! All fees and Inrest rates will automatically move to this card. I only get to earn rewards now. I will wait it out a year and call BOA again about this AF! If they don't budge then I guess it would be time to say bye bye to my first CC.

Thanks everyone for the help

(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 8 of 9
toppers555
Established Contributor

@vayub4 wrote:

so I was able to get the card changed to the better balance rewards card... I tried to get them to drop the annual fee through chat but they said no and that nothing will change in my current fees and interests! All fees and Inrest rates will automatically move to this card. I only get to earn rewards now. I will wait it out a year and call BOA again about this AF! If they don't budge then I guess it would be time to say bye bye to my first CC.

Thanks everyone for the help

its possible to have the AF removed. I would just keep up good credit habits and month before fee due call them and ask over phone. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.