cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankamerideals? Anything like AMEX Offers for CCs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankamerideals? Anything like AMEX Offers for CCs?

@Anonymous wrote:

In my opinion BofA has more everyday deals and Amex has more of a specific deal if that makes sense. Both are good, but you'll probably use a BofA deal more often than an Amex deal. Personally, and everyone feel free to chime in, but my Amex offers went down in quality once I added a Platinum card in addition to my BCP. When it was only BCP I would get more great deals, but of course someone who uses the offered products more would say otherwise. I'll add that when I use a bankamerideal with my Spirit World MasterCard it turns a rather blah/specific use card into a decent one for those purchases 5-10% Cashback in most cases plus 2X miles.

It may not have anything to do with adding an aditional card. I have been a little disappointed too and there have been no changes in my relationship with Amex except a CLI. My offers tend to be for high end stores and travel. Like you said joshuatree, not useful to me but I'm sure others appreciate them.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
They might redeem it to your BBR because it is potentially cheaper for them in the long run. You miss one month in a quarter of having a statement with a balance and that is $25-30 they save. Nice thing about the BBR is that as long as I dont put over $3300 on it over the year, i get more than 3% back. I think i just convinced myself to get one. Lol.

Actually it's even simpler than that... there's an Amerideals-specific preferences tab where you can tell them which account you want credited.  Smiley Wink

In my case it defaulted to credit my first BBR (the one carrying the BT) so there's no need to update it, but it's nice to know the option is there.

Ironically, they allow you this level of 'choice' online for Amerideals yet you can't change a due date without calling in.  Smiley Frustrated

You have to call in for an APR reduction too. I told the CSR yesterday that I prefer the chat function because it makes tasks simpler. When I first became a BoA client, I didn't notice all the upselling they do. Now it gets on my nerves. Smiley Frustrated I have very few complaints about BoA but this is one of them and having to call in to check for better BT offers. I like having the information available online to review. 

Sorry OP for going off topic.Smiley Embarassed

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the deals available are based on an individual's swipes. I have the CR which my HH uses for the majority of our grocery spend so it gets swiped a lot. In the beginning I got deals for local grocery stores. Once I started using them, they increased my deals to include local restaurants and hotels. As I began to utilize more and more deals, my offers expanded into other areas like travel, telecommunications, and home security. 

I'm not saying anyone should start swiping their cards to get more deals because we don't. Our deals are based on our normal spending habits. I know there are other cards which offer higher cash back opportunities, and when I shop at a supermarket it gets used. Even though I Heart earning cash back, I Heart saving money more.Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem Beautifulblaquepearl. It is useful to know other things about BoA as I don't bank or have a relationship with them. I am the same in liking never really calling in to get something done or to make a request.
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No problem Beautifulblaquepearl. It is useful to know other things about BoA as I don't bank or have a relationship with them. I am the same in liking never really calling in to get something done or to make a request.

Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the deals available are based on an individual's swipes. I have the CR which my HH uses for the majority of our grocery spend so it gets swiped a lot. In the beginning I got deals for local grocery stores. Once I started using them, they increased my deals to include local restaurants and hotels. As I began to utilize more and more deals, my offers expanded into other areas like travel, telecommunications, and home security. 

I'm not saying anyone should start swiping their cards to get more deals because we don't. Our deals are based on our normal spending habits. I know there are other cards which offer higher cash back opportunities, and when I shop at a supermarket it gets used. Even though I Heart earning cash back, I Heart saving money more.Smiley Happy

I wish mine were based on swipes. I've used my BoA Alaska extensively for international travel and local dining out, plus some grocery, and the only BankAmerideals I seem to get are for things like automated car washes, coffee (which I don't drink), home security systems (not needed), and auto parts stores. Weird.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 3 deals that even show as available.  DirectTV, ReadyRefresh and XFinityHome.  Don't have/use first two and for the third, already have an alarm system but even if I didn't, I would never ever in a million years order anything from Comcast as they are The Devil.

Maybe it's just my account, but I would rather have the 30 offers that typically show up on Amex even if most of them I don't use. I do though use Amex offers occasionally so for me there is no comparison between the two.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that Amex offers are much more substantive in nature and I don't think there is really any comparison between Amex offers and BankAmerideals, as BankAmerideals seem to fall a bit short on substance.

Discover has a few good options in its deals section, but I normally am too busy to remember to look at them or go through them.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.