Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks CS!!!

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Banks CS!!!

so i have dealt with some CSR's with banks. Cap1, Chase, BoA, Amex, Citi, and Discover. So I will share my experiences with you. Although I only have AMEX, BoA, Cap1, and Chase, I have sill dealt with the other two. So I shall start with them, with CITI they were very rude to me even though it was a recon they were very rude to me and wouldn’t give my report a second look, they also sounded like I called over seas. With discover I couldn’t have had a nicer denial. They looked at my report very closely and told me what they look for and apologized for not being able to approve me, but when I called I could understand them as they are stateside.

Now to Chase very friendly all the time never once have I gotten a overseas rep. always very helpful and I love the chase secure message. The EXEC office is great very helpful and prompt in returning calls. BoA also very helpful gave me a chance with one of my highest limits yet. Also never had an overseas rep. CS is great called to ask when I was allowed to PC to the 123 card and they told me I was able to even before my first statement cut. And last but not least AMEX only once that I can recall I got an overseas rep but still very helpful.  I must have called during a busy time as I have never had one since. AMEX CSR’s are very friendly and very helpful makes you feel like your part of something big even when you have a ZYNC.  If any one else can share please do.

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Re: Banks CS!!!

I've had similar experiences with BoA, Discover, and Amex.  Every time I've called amex I have never talked to anyone overseas, always stateside.

Too add to this, I no longer have a cap1 card, but when I did I always see receive overseas rep which were always hard to understand.

After listening to my gf's call with discover last night on speakerphone and through my own experiences, I LOVE discovers CS

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has been better than Cent in the CS dept, which is incrdible. 

Message 3 of 9
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

I agree the CS at Discover is awesome just got approved for the discover more card and the CSR was great I had to answer a few questions because my credit file is on fraud alert because of deployment but after 5 mins everything was done and Im waiting for my card to arrive. My 2nd prime card and I have two more on the way.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 4 of 9
FrugalRican
Blogger

Ranked in order of my preference:

(1) Chase

(2) Discover (A VERY close second)

(3) AMEX

(17) BoA

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@xlr8d wrote:

I've had similar experiences with BoA, Discover, and Amex.  Every time I've called amex I have never talked to anyone overseas, always stateside.

Too add to this, I no longer have a cap1 card, but when I did I always see receive overseas rep which were always hard to understand.

After listening to my gf's call with discover last night on speakerphone and through my own experiences, I LOVE discovers CS

I agree, every time I call Discover I get a very warm, lively, friendly person on the end of the line, and it doesn't matter which call center my call gets routed to, they are all friendly with different regional US accents.  They have call centers in Texas, Delaware, and Utah, Ohio, Illinois and Arizona that I'm aware of.

I got this from their Career site:

"Tranquility. Beauty. Opportunity.

Our West Valley City Call Center offers all this and more. Employees at this facility work where state-of-the-art meets natural wonder, with amenities that include lakefront property with 10 miles of walking/biking trails, access to 27-hole golf course, on-site nurse and fitness center with trainers, and several dining options. Our friendly, collaborative environment houses all bank functions, is the only 24-hour Discover facility, and features a dedicated Spanish department."

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@xlr8d wrote:

I agree, every time I call Discover I get a very warm, lively, friendly person on the end of the line, and it doesn't matter which call center my call gets routed to, they are all friendly with different regional US accents.  They have call centers in Texas, Delaware, and Utah, Ohio, Illinois and Arizona that I'm aware of.

I got this from their Career site:

Our West Valley City Call Center offers all this and more. Employees at this facility work where state-of-the-art meets natural wonder, with amenities that include lakefront property with 10 miles of walking/biking trails, access to 27-hole golf course, on-site nurse and fitness center with trainers, and several dining options. Our friendly, collaborative environment houses all bank functions, is the only 24-hour Discover facility, and features a dedicated Spanish department."

I'm sold. Where do I sign up!!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 7 of 9
FrugalRican
Blogger

@webhopper wrote:

Spanish department, you say?

If I lived in Arizona, I'd be all over that job application. It sounds like a wonderful environment to work in and it translates (no pun intended) through to their demeanor over the phone. I love talking to Discover.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't really comment on Cap 1 or Discover's customer service as so far my only interaction with them was activating a card.

My opinion on Chase CS is still to be determined. Had a good first experience. I wondered why my miles werent posting to my account on my UA card. Turns out I had two accounts. The one I was checking was my old continentail mileage account, my United card was tied to my old United account which changed numbers in the merger. I had no idea what that number was, but Chase did and I requested United to merge the two accounts so now I only have one. However I need to tell Chase to update the mileage plus account number tied to my card because the one they have is being deleted and I am going with my old continental one. Sent out a secure message 4 days ago asking them to change it to my new number and havent heard a response yet.

Not making too big of a deal now, but I might have to fly in another month and if I dont get my free bag and priority boarding because Chase is still using an old account number I am going to pitch a fit.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.