Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks Closeing Credit Cards Accounts!!!

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Banks Closeing Credit Cards Accounts!!!

What bank seam like to close out your credit card without any cause? Too many new account or too manny new INQ's?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Closeing accounts!!!

@corymcd88 wrote:
What bank seam like to close out your credit card without any cause? Too many new account or too manny new INQ's?

Barclays, BofA on occasion. Really any bank can if they manually review your file and get spooked.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Barclays, BofA on occasion. Really any bank can if they manually review your file and get spooked.

What about GE? I know that anyone can close it out. Barclays is one of the worce that i have herd.
Message 3 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

BofA, Barclays, HSBC, Chase,Wells Fargo,Amex.

Ron.

Message 4 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

BofA, Barclays, HSBC, Chase,Wells Fargo,Amex.

Ron.

HSBC and Wells Fargo!! Did not know! What about Capital One?
Message 5 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

OP asked for banks that would close without any cause.  Does that apply to all of the ones listed?  Barclays is the closest from what I've seen on the boards.  It's not completely without cause, but they seem to be hypersensitive to additional inquiries and new accounts according to several people's experience.  Outside of the credit crunch, I don't recall seeing a lot of threads about other banks randomly closing down accounts. 

ETA: Rereading I see OP also asked about too many new accounts/inquiries.  But I read it as being who is hypersensitive.  Barclays is the only one I really recall reading about being ovely sensitive.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

Not Capital One. May be Citi.

Ron.

Message 7 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Banks Closeing Credit Cards Accounts!!!

@corymcd88 wrote:
What about GE Capital?
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm pretty much ready for AA from Barclays. I have what I want and i'll utilize and pay on it proper. If they don't like it close the account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
WunderCard
Established Member

I got burned by Chase back in 2009 when I started shopping around for a mortgage.  When the INQs hit they closed a $0 balance card that I rarely used.  Citi burned me in 2010 when I made min payments for a few months in a row.   At the time there was a lot of  talk about the "sky falling" and everyone was saying to stockpile cash, so that's what I did.  I cut back on payments and padded cash savings instead.  Citi closed my account at about 40% UTL with no warning.  I was never late on payments.

This might just have been the banks tightening their belts, but I took it personal.  I won't do business with either bank again.  Seems like a poor way to treat otherwise good customers.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.