cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks/Companies Who Do Not Want Info On Authorized Users? Name Only ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks/Companies Who Do Not Want Info On Authorized Users? Name Only ???

Is there a list or does anyone know which banks/credit unions do not require personal info on authorized users (such as SSN; DOB; Address) and do not pull credit reports on the AU?  

I know  Marvel only asked for a name as did Victoira's secret. The same account number are on both cards but each has the AU's name on the card.

I want to add a user that helps me and needs to use of my card when I am not present so a card with their name would be great. I really hope a credit union would do this since their interest rates are lower for me.  This user has horrendous credit and no credit cards so I am not interested in any institution making any connection between me and the user or them even having the info other than the name in their system.  A credit union would be great but they seem to want a lot of info and some pull reports and report to credit bureaus.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banks/Companies Who Do Not Want Info On Authorized Users? Name Only ???

Amex... I just added an AU and had the option of not inputting a SS#. This was with the BCE card, hope this helps.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much every creditor just asks for Name, address, DOB. I've never been asked for SSN or had my report pulled.

Added with: Macy's, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Discover
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express WILL want a social security number after 4 months for identity verification purposes. You just aren't required to provide it right away in case you don't have it available at that time. Failure to provide SSN upon request will see that additional card suspended.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Pretty much every creditor just asks for Name, address, DOB. I've never been asked for SSN or had my report pulled.

Added with: Macy's, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Discover

With the address and DOB it seems they would be able to cross reference this info and probably obtain additional information on the AU.

Message 5 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Just a reminder that AUs are not responsible for any activity on your account, even their own. Many CUs will pull reports but an AU's credit rating will have absolutely zero effect on your own reports or your own accounts. Your worries seem to be unfounded.
Message 6 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Just a reminder that AUs are not responsible for any activity on your account, even their own. Many CUs will pull reports but an AU's credit rating will have absolutely zero effect on your own reports or your own accounts. Your worries seem to be unfounded.

Beat me to it. Scratching my head on why this is a concern for the OP. Since the primary is the one ultimately responsible for all charge on the account there's no reason at all not to give the information if they need their own card; the only exceptions where this might be an issue is if the potential AU has defaulted with the issuer and doesn't allow them a card a la AMEX. The only reason why I can think is an issue is if they don't want the account to show up on the AU's report?? Which from my understanding is sort of counter-intuitive since their credit is supposedly shot anyways and it can only help even if it's unintentional.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's keep it simple.  I don't want the AU's info impacting my info.  I don't want to receive calls from entities who pull my credit info and use it to harass me regarding the AU'a horrible credit and/or whereabouts.  We all know collection agencies use any means/information they can get  to collect.  I don't want or need the hassle. 

The AU is not wanting the use of my card(s) to improve their credit so reporting is not desired.

I am aware that the card and payments are my responsibility and I accept that. As previously stated I know Marvel and VS will issue a card with just a name. It has the same number and 3 digit code as mine.  Only the name is different.  I am trying to find out other banks or issuers who will issue with just a name.  I just want to give the name of the authorized user and get a card issued to them.  They can present a valid ID if needed during purchases.

Simply stated I need assistance and the AU can get me the things I need without me getting into my wheelchair and rolling to the various places.

Hope this explains any confusion as to why I asked the original question.  I don't ask why the prospective AU is not taking care of their issues.  MyFico is always pulled up on my computer so if interested they can use it as I did to improve their credit issues. I'm just trying to keep my quality of life at a manageable level and the issuance of certain cards to the AU would help me do that.

As always thanks for your helpful responses.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AU in NO WAY impacts you. No debt collectors or anyone will contact you in regards to them.

The only way the AU can impact you is if they use their card linked to your account and don't pay it.

Yes, through an address and DOB they can cross reference information to report to the CRA's that's all that it does.

Trust me I burned Wells Fargo and Chase both went to Charge off status but was able to be added to my fiancee's cards as an AU. No issues, they haven't called her asking about me. I'm telling you exactly how it works. You are fully responsible so if the card isn't paid, whether they used it or you, you're responsible so the bank could care less who is an AU.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I added an ex to account, I sure as heck DID get collection literature years later for other accounts she had. Skiptrace all over the place.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.