Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: Banks and their shady reporting habits

more they report = lower your credit score = more subprime practices they can enforce. Regardless a GE card is a store card, and should be used at a minimum.

mmmagique wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
ive had the card for a month and Walmart already did this to me. I had to call them to release available credit. I think I'll only use card in first two weeks of billing cycle and then send in payment. I don't trust them. Are all GE cards like this?

It's been my experience that they are. They *really* want to report a balance. I have no idea why. 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Contributor
Croselx

From my experience once I get a new credit card the creditor reports it in about 2 weeks. Payments get reported on the same day every month regardless if I PIF or carry a balance. For my personal loan it took 1.5 months before it first got reported and then it hasn't been consistent on reporting when I make a payment, it reported on June, August and so far I am waiting. IMO, I see no reason for the creditors to report faster than usual if you charge a high balance or PIF, reports should be once a month and consistant.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I think they do it to lower your score because a lower score equals more reasons to increase rates or aa.....
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}