Did you mean: 

Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

It is really looking like US Bank is the right choice for me. I really wish that Mobile deposits were free...but there is a US Bank right around the corner...so dropping by is no problem.

If all you need is mobile deposit then any CU will work. Even Charles Schwab has mobile deposit. 

Unless you really need brach in close proximity.

I'm not sure how you got the impression that all I needed was mobile deposit, but I apologize if I gave you that impression somehow. Mobile deposit does not mean much to me at all. The only thing that matters is the best value.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 31 of 39
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

It is really looking like US Bank is the right choice for me. I really wish that Mobile deposits were free...but there is a US Bank right around the corner...so dropping by is no problem.

If all you need is mobile deposit then any CU will work. Even Charles Schwab has mobile deposit. 

I'm not sure how you got the impression that all I needed was mobile deposit, but I apologize if I gave you that impression somehow. Mobile deposit does not mean much to me at all. The only thing that matters is the best value.

Exactly! 5% cash back rules... (ignore the 7% cash back in my signature)

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 32 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Exactly! 5% cash back rules... (ignore the 7% cash back in my signature)

No doubt!!  I need to ask b of a to pull tu for a bbr card, so I can get a free 25/quarter. This is off topic, but it's my own thread, so I can do whatever I want! Is there a minimum balance to earn the free 25 bucks?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 33 of 39
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

does this mean that chase freedom doesn't have the 10% bonus anymore? so if i apply for that card, it is not neccessary to open a checking account either?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 34 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

does this mean that chase freedom doesn't have the 10% bonus anymore? so if i apply for that card, it is not neccessary to open a checking account either?

yes, and it was never necessary to open a checking, but it was worth it for the 10% bonus. Now it is not worth it, to me.

My Wallet:
Message 35 of 39
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

yes, and it was never necessary to open a checking, but it was worth it for the 10% bonus. Now it is not worth it, to me.

When did they stop offering that? i actually had a conversation with a friend like a week ago about this. so online chated with chase and said that they still have that. So i am not sure if there's something that i am missing

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 36 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I got a letter from chase yesterday, or the day before that said they are stoping it.

My Wallet:
Message 37 of 39
iHackerSix
New Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

For the Cash Rewards Visa Card or the MLB world Mastercard which is basically the same but promotes MLB and a mastercard offers 

Get more rewards for the banking you already do - Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem into a Bank of America®checking or savings account.

And other derivatives such as my newly acquired Susan G Komen 1-2-3 Cash Rewards World MasterCard (which besides giving you the usual cash back also donates a small % of each transaction to Susan G Komen for the fight against Cancer) which like the MLB card is an exact clone of the BofA 1-2-3 Cash Rewards Signature Visa Card and provides BofA Checking Account customers with an addtional 10% Cash bonus to cash back earned on the card IF deposited into a BofA checking account. Overall, a great deal in my eyes.

Message 38 of 39
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@iHackerSix wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

For the Cash Rewards Visa Card or the MLB world Mastercard which is basically the same but promotes MLB and a mastercard offers 

Get more rewards for the banking you already do - Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem into a Bank of America®checking or savings account.

And other derivatives such as my newly aquired Susan G Komen 1-2-3 Cash Rewards World MasterCard (donates a small % of each transaction to Susan G Komen for the fight against Cancer) which like the MLB card is an exact clone of the BofA 1-2-3 Cash Rewards Signature Visa Card and provides BofA Checking Account customers with an addtional 10% Cash bonus to cash back earned on the card IF deposited into a BofA checking account. Overall, a great deal in my eyes.

Regarding BOA - i would add; if you are interested in bonus offers above and beyond the 10% bonus and you have a significant banking relationship with BOA - I would recommend visiting the link below.  Not all BOA credit cards qualify for the added bonus above the 10% bonus.

http://promo.bankofamerica.com/preferredrewardsbonuscreditcard/

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.