Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

Now that Chase is quitting the 10% bonus for banking with them, are there any other banks that offer these types of bonuses?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

Bank Of America I believes does it still

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Now that Chase is quitting the 10% bonus for banking with them, are there any other banks that offer these types of bonuses?

This isn't 10% bonus per se, but i saw discover checking account flyer in the mail. You get 10 cents for every debit purchase, bill pay or check. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Bank Of America I believes does it still

I didn't know that bofa ever did it.....

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 39
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

For the Cash Rewards Visa Card or the MLB world Mastercard which is basically the same but promotes MLB and a mastercard offers 

Get more rewards for the banking you already do - Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem into a Bank of America®checking or savings account.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 39
celluloid17
Established Contributor

BOA also gives an extra $5 a quarter on top of the quarterly $25 bonus for the Better Balance Rewards card for banking customers.

US Bank doesn't give banking customers a bonus, but if you have a US Bank credit card you're elligible for their no fee Gold Checking account.  They're running an awesome promotion currently, which I'm about to jump on:

$150 for opening a checking account and doing one of the following: complete a direct deposit of $500 or more OR complete 3 online bill pay transactions

https://www.usbank.com/splash/powerup/index.html#150POWR

Message 6 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

BOA also gives an extra $5 a quarter on top of the quarterly $25 bonus for the Better Balance Rewards card for banking customers.

US Bank doesn't give banking customers a bonus, but if you have a US Bank credit card you're elligible for their no fee Gold Checking account.  They're running an awesome promotion currently, which I'm about to jump on:

$150 for opening a checking account and doing one of the following: complete a direct deposit of $500 or more OR complete 3 online bill pay transactions

I have been looking at US Bank. I really want to have a personal checking, cc, bus. checking/cc all at the same bank--with minimum fees. US Bank seems to offer all of those things for free with the right combination of products. So far I only have a cash+ siggy with them.

My Wallet:
Message 7 of 39
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

I have been looking at US Bank. I really want to have a personal checking, cc, bus. checking/cc all at the same bank--with minimum fees. US Bank seems to offer all of those things for free with the right combination of products. So far I only have a cash+ siggy with them.

Since you have the Cash + you would get FREE checking with them (i.e., no monthly minimums or maintenance fees).  It's a very enticing offer and I'm really considering moving from Chase to US Bank completely.

Message 8 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

Since you have the Cash + you would get FREE checking with them (i.e., no monthly minimums or maintenance fees).  It's a very enticing offer and I'm really considering moving from Chase to US Bank completely.

I think I saw something where they offer a free business investment account if you open a bus. checking too..... I am certainly looking into this still... It seems like the right answer--though no bonus for banking with them, the no fees checking is just like a bonus....I think I might want to go into a branch and talk to someone....or is it just the same to do it online?

My Wallet:
Message 9 of 39
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

I think I saw something where they offer a free business investment account if you open a bus. checking too..... I am certainly looking into this still... It seems like the right answer--though no bonus for banking with them, the no fees checking is just like a bonus....I think I might want to go into a branch and talk to someone....or is it just the same to do it online?

I'm debating whether I should apply online or go into a branch myself.  Either way, I'm mentioning the $150 sign up bonus (code: 150POWR)!  From what I've read online, it's pretty easy to earn the bonus and there aren't really any hidden strings attached.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.