Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Banks that give bonus for checking/cc or personal/bus

Fort Sill FCU Real Cashback credit account. 4% cash back on debit card purchases up to $250 purchases or $10 cash back per month.

https://www.fsfcu.com/Real-Cash-Back.aspx

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 21 of 39
H14
Contributor

Citi does, but it's going to change in October so only their Citi Gold accounts get a bonus of 15% to all TYP earned annually. [And higher percentages for private banking customers]

Message 22 of 39
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Now that Chase is quitting the 10% bonus for banking with them, are there any other banks that offer these types of bonuses?

Bank of America Cash Rewards offers a 10% bonus.

Also, depending on your overall relationship with BOA, you can also earn extra bonuses with BOA's new Preferred Rewards program.  

http://promo.bankofamerica.com/preferredrewardsbonuscreditcard/

Message 23 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Citi offers bonus Ty points for checking or business checking customers?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 24 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Now that Chase is quitting the 10% bonus for banking with them, are there any other banks that offer these types of bonuses?

Also, depending on your overall relationship with BOA, you can also earn extra bonuses with BOA's new Preferred Rewards program.  

How does one climb the tiers? It doesn't really say there. Pardon my laziness, if it does, I'm on my cell, so website viewing is a pita!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 25 of 39
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Citi offers TY points for doing activity such as direct deposit, bill pay, having savings account, etc.

Citi is nerfing this benefit on 12/2014 though. Basic checking account no longer earns TY points, and other checking accounts will earn less TY points.

Message 26 of 39
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

How does one climb the tiers? It doesn't really say there. Pardon my laziness, if it does, I'm on my cell, so website viewing is a pita!

3-month average combined balances in qualifying BOA banking accounts and/or Merrill Ege and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.

Gold - $20k - $50K

Platinum - $50k  - $100K

Platinum Honors - $100K+

Message 27 of 39
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Citi offers TY points for doing activity such as direct deposit, bill pay, having savings account, etc.

Citi is nerfing this benefit on 12/2014 though. Basic checking account no longer earns TY points, and other checking accounts will earn less TY points.

I hate Citi is diluting the TY program in December.  However, this isn't the only program/product they are modifying.  I currently have the Citi Checking Account. The fee is currently waived via the Citi At Work Program.  I received a letter a few months back which suggested that in order to keep the Citi Checking Account - I would have to maintain an average daily balance in the account of 15K to avoid the fee.  

This sucks considering my primary accounts are with BOA.  

Message 28 of 39
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I hate Citi is diluting the TY program in December.  However, this isn't the only program/product they are modifying.  I currently have the Citi Checking Account. The fee is currently waived via the Citi At Work Program.  I received a letter a few months back which suggested that in order to keep the Citi Checking Account - I would have to maintain an average daily balance in the account of 15K to avoid the fee.  

This sucks considering my primary accounts are with BOA.  

It is really looking like US Bank is the right choice for me. I really wish that Mobile deposits were free...but there is a US Bank right around the corner...so dropping by is no problem.

My Wallet:
Message 29 of 39
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

It is really looking like US Bank is the right choice for me. I really wish that Mobile deposits were free...but there is a US Bank right around the corner...so dropping by is no problem.

If all you need is mobile deposit then any CU will work. Even Charles Schwab has mobile deposit. 

Unless you really need brach in close proximity.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.