Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay 12 Mos. 0%

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Barclay 12 Mos. 0%

So I just have a regular Barclay Fianancing card that is 19 days away from being 6 months old (I'm hoping for a CLI) and yesterday I recevied a letter in the mail from them stating that my APR for future purchases will be 0% until August 2013. It has been lowered to 0% across the board, so they included cash advance checks in the letter (Somewhat unsafe?) 

Has anyone else received this letter? I thought it was pretty interesting...

Logan.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay 12 Mos. 0%

@logan_720 wrote:

So I just have a regular Barclay Fianancing card that is 19 days away from being 6 months old (I'm hoping for a CLI) and yesterday I recevied a letter in the mail from them stating that my APR for future purchases will be 0% until August 2013. It has been lowered to 0% across the board, so they included cash advance checks in the letter (Somewhat unsafe?) 

Logan.

Thats a very good offer!!! I would call in to accept it and ask questions about it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey!  The Apple Barclay's card actually per their site is called- Barclay's Financing VISA card.  I get an offer literally every month with 0% APR offer with convinece checks and all for 12 mo/15mo/18mo.  It's truly a great card to have if you want to revolve a balance.  Congrats!  Now that you've gotten one offer, you'll get a ton.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 4
ready13
New Contributor

Yes I have recieved two new approvals from my applications from Barclays just last month and the two came with a letter of approval welcoming me to the Barclay fam. etc. anyhow they also said they wanted me to be able to have a way to do the cash advance/check and the ability to do balance transfers with this check as well. I did not want to know what the percentile on these two ideas have to do with eachother since I do plan to use one of the two cards I was approved for, to do this but not for quite some time. I did plan to have some revolving balance showing repeatedly prior to this for me to have another raise or two in credit line and to wait to demonstrate credit worthiness ...LOL

From what i have read and was told any new accounts etc, apps with a high enough score at time of submittal recieve automatic checks with new accounts for the purpose of them using it right away since the percentile seems to put their mind at ease as the score I have on Fico seems to be especially favored by all the creditors the last paragraph of the check in score i made prior to applying to my new accounts (more than 3) stated Most creditors will gladly want to open my new account and approve my application with an immediate online response and with no need for any further documentation submittal request needed . I was totaling the averaage 5% of americans at this point in time with the score i had, and all is well as it also stated after recieving the right types of choices in credit lines for the score ( it would only exceed my present score). I LOVE MY FICO=    they were completely correct   ...IM ABOUT TO HIT 800 AND AM SOOOOO SUPER SUPRISED EXCITED IN COMPLETE AWE   WOWWW!!!!!!!!

TRYING TO HIT SUPERIOR STATUS ON AN ACCOUNT I AM WORKING ON SO AM GOING TO TRY THE CASH ADVANCE CHECK TO SELF NOW BY TIME MY OTHER THING COMES AROUND I SHALL HAVE THIS PAID OFF AND RAISE MY CREDIT LINE TOTAL EVEN MORE IF ALL WORKS AS I HAVE BEEN FIGURING .  SO FAR WAYYY BETTER THAN EXPECTED.X100

@logan_720 wrote:

Logan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.