It has been said that its 6 months, however I opened at least 5 accounts after I opened them and I had no AA. So this one is a YMMV situation with Barclay.
Yea in that case I would wait at least 6 months then as that *may* be one of the factors of AA. Not sure about that, just speculating
I was approved for my barclays card last month and have opened 3 more credit cards to date. Hopefully, no adverse action is taken.
Im curious, should i wait 6 months or 1 year from date of application before apping again? Dont want to poke the bear.
I had mine for about 8 months before I app'd again (and then got 3 more cards in short order and no AA). So here is my question to you...is there a good (great, imperitive) reason for a new app? If not, I'd really hold out for a year if you can... since you mentioned you got approved on recon.
just my 2cents... it is truly a ymmv thing
@codimom. The reason is I maybe relocating for new job to different city. I have option of corporate housing for a couple of months but then i will need to rent or buy a second home (keeping condo in current location). Either purchase or renting will probably entail applications for credit.
At least that's not a new credit card, Barclay would be able to see that. If you've waited at least 6 months, I'd think you'd be fairly safe. You could always contact Barclays and explain you've been offered a job that pays more (if it does, I would think it must if it allows you the option of having 2 properties) in a new location. So congrats!