cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay - 6 months or 1 year no apps?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay - 6 months or 1 year no apps?

This Barclay stuff I think is like Amex FR... I recon my Apple Barclay and then opened at least 6 accounts and probably 15 INQ's even request CLI at 4 months or something and still no adverse action... CLI was denied but nothing more.

My partner has had 3 TU INQ since Barclay and 2 new accounts and some business.... he did get a USAir business card so not sure if that changes what they watch.

Message 11 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Im curious, should i wait 6 months or 1 year from date of application before apping again? Dont want to poke the bear.

I went 5 months 6 days without any new app's guess I will see but I am getting readay to cash out points just to be safeSmiley Wink Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Myjounrey! Lol I'm about to redeem mine before it reaches 3 months mark, just to be safe
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

By the way, just how slow is Barclays with updating balances to CRAs?!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Myjounrey! Lol I'm about to redeem mine before it reaches 3 months mark, just to be safe

Not taking any chancesSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.