Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay A+ Redemption ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay A+ Redemption ?

I redeemed a qualifying travel bill in total. Yet, site still says I owe payment.

How does this work? Points were applied but balance still says I owe.

I will call tomorrow, but am wondering from the consensus on this.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay A+ Redemption ?

@Anonymous wrote:
I redeemed a qualifying travel bill in total. Yet, site still says I owe payment.

How does this work? Points were applied but balance still says I owe.

I will call tomorrow, but am wondering from the consensus on this.

Is there a remaining balance on the card?

From T&Cs. See last item in bold. Redemptions do not count towards the minimum payment.

Travel Statement Credits

• Travel Redemptions are defined as Airlines, Hotels, Motels, Timeshares, Campgrounds, Car Rental Agencies, Cruise Lines, Travel Agencies, Discount Travel Sites, Trains, Buses, Taxis, Limousines and Ferries. To qualify for redemption, Travel Purchases must be submitted by merchants using the eligible merchant category codes for purchases in the above categories. Barclaycard is not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases.
  • Redemptions for travel statement credits start at 10,000 miles for $100.00 toward any travel purchase of $100.00 or more made within the last 120 days.
  •  If you do not have enough miles available to redeem for the full purchase amount, you will only be able to redeem within pre-determined increments as follows:
    o   $25.00 statement credit increments between $100.00 and $2,000.00.  
  • If you redeem your miles for a travel statement credit, the credit will be posted to your Account within one to two (1-2) business days.
  • Statement credits reduce your Account balance but cannot be applied toward any minimum payment requirement and are otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Account.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. I'll pay.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

On mobile, would not let me pay as "Balance is Zero" yet minimum payment still posts as $25.

Seriously. Ok, calling tomorrow. I do not like.
Message 4 of 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On mobile, would not let me pay as "Balance is Zero" yet minimum payment still posts as $25.

Almost all statement credits work this way.

You have two ways that I know to receive statement credit and not end up needing

to use #3 below. (I think #3 is your option this statement period)

1) Pay your minimum due or PIF before you request the statement credit.

It will then post as a negative balance, credit for future spend, or subtract

from your next payment amount due.

{ or }

2) Have a balance that is larger than the (statement credit+minimum payment due)

Get your statement credit and then pay either the minimum due, more, or PIF.

{ or }

3)  "Push" funds from a bank/CU account to Barclay's to cover minimum, more, or PIF

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Almost all statement credits work this way.

You have two ways that I know to receive statement credit and not end up needing

to use #3 below. (I think #3 is your option this statement period)

1) Pay your minimum due or PIF before you request the statement credit.

It will then post as a negative balance, credit for future spend, or subtract

from your next payment amount due.

{ or }

2) Have a balance that is larger than the (statement credit+minimum payment due)

Get your statement credit and then pay either the minimum due, more, or PIF.

{ or }

3)  "Push" funds from a bank/CU account to Barclay's to cover minimum, more, or PIF

While I agree it may be necessary, it's clearly a poor design when someone with a $0 balance is 

a) forced to pay a minimum payment

b) cannot do so through the website and so

c) is forced to push an unnecessary payment from a bank, which will generate a credit

There really should be logic that says $0 balance -> no min payment needed

And what happens if OP does nothing?   I don't advise it, but it would be interesting to know!   It MIGHT be fine

Message 6 of 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

While I agree it may be necessary, it's clearly a poor design when someone with a $0 balance is 

a) forced to pay a minimum payment

b) cannot do so through the website and so

c) is forced to push an unnecessary payment from a bank, which will generate a credit

There really should be logic that says $0 balance -> no min payment needed

And what happens if OP does nothing?   I don't advise it, but it would be interesting to know!   It MIGHT be fine

I believe he needs to pay!

These are Banks and Credit Unions, "Logic", you must be joking  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

She decided to push min payment from NFCU. Bollacks, but the TOS is the Bible. Redeeming with AX has been far easier.

Next up, may downgrade the A+ to A. Sitting on it. AF due soon. Could transfer to AA, close, then wait 3 mths.

Exciting. Thanks y'all for responding. Maybe this thread will be a heads up for other 50k+ redeemers.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.