Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay AA Aviator Sliver upgrade available online now

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Barclay AA Aviator Sliver upgrade available online now

I see that the option to upgrade my Aviator Red Card to Silver is available now online when I login.

silver.jpg

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay AA Aviator Sliver upgrade available online now

I'm still waiting for my upgrade that I called about (and was told I would get) over a month ago.
Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want it do it now as it takes them over a month to process the whole thing and upgrade you.  I upgraded early June and just got notice that the benefits are in effect and a call that the new cards on their way.

They did did change the card on my online profile two days ago

Message 3 of 53
IWOL
Established Contributor

Upgrading to Silver seems like it would only be worth it for people who purchase alot of full fare tickets from AA or US air or need the 10K EQM to reach a certain Elite status.

From what I understand until you reach the highest Elite status the other Elite tiers are kind of useless so for me I see no point in upgrading since I already get Global Entry reimbursment form Prestige and Amex Platinum.

Message 4 of 53
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you want it do it now as it takes them over a month to process the whole thing and upgrade you.  I upgraded early June and just got notice that the benefits are in effect and a call that the new cards on their way.

I upgraded june 4th or something, then called up later as apparently that upgrade was fake and the CSR lied to me. Then upgraded again, and got an email saying my new benefits and earning rates are available "right now." That was also untrue, as I then reached out to twitter who told me that I wouldn't be converted till july 11. It's july 14 today, and still no news. 

Message 5 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my Aviator Silver in mail today and it replaced the Barclay US Airways due to the merger.

Message 6 of 53
IWOL
Established Contributor

JS...what was your reasoning for the upgrade? To earn the 10K EQM?

Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I upgraded june 4th or something, then called up later as apparently that upgrade was fake and the CSR lied to me. Then upgraded again, and got an email saying my new benefits and earning rates are available "right now." That was also untrue, as I then reached out to twitter who told me that I wouldn't be converted till july 11. It's july 14 today, and still no news. 

I remember your post about that.  Mine was actually 'upgraded' correctly on June 2as they read the whole disclosure etc but was told that the benefits wouldn't be effective until 7/4 and I wild get the new cards immediately afterwards.  Still dragging out and I'll see when they actually send the cards.  I just made a reservation the other day on my AA Red because a CSR assured me that I would get 3X miles.  We will see what actually happens.

Message 8 of 53
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

JS...what was your reasoning for the upgrade? To earn the 10K EQM?

Nah, I don't spend nearly that much. 

I'll take my 3x miles/dollar on AA/US purchases till AF is due, then downgrade back down. 

Will also probably use global entry credit for my sister or something. 

Message 9 of 53
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

So the annual fee does not get charged until your anniversary date? & are you allowed to downgrade the card before the annual fee is due? 

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.