Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Silver AND Citi Executive MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Silver AND Citi Executive MC

Both offer 10k EQM per year. Is a person allowed to have both and take this benefit twice? I realize the annual fee is a deterrent to some to double dip, but the Exec has club privileges, so I figure I just need to have a couple hundred drinks a year to justify that one.
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Silver AND Citi Executive MC

Yes you can have both. Word to the wise, its slim pickings for free booze in those clubs but it beats $15 for a Budlight at Applebees.
Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Both offer 10k EQM per year. Is a person allowed to have both and take this benefit twice? I realize the annual fee is a deterrent to some to double dip, but the Exec has club privileges, so I figure I just need to have a couple hundred drinks a year to justify that one.

Afaik, you can't apply for the Barclays AA card.  Were you converted to the card?

Message 3 of 47
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

+1 to what Irish said. Barclays still hasn't solicited me for the upgrade.
Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
+1 to what Irish said. Barclays still hasn't solicited me for the upgrade.

Same.

Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have it yet, I'm anticipating getting rolled into it when the programs merge from my US airways card. I was just going to close the acct but having the opportunity to stay ExPlat only actually flying 80EQM's is very appealing.
Message 6 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

US airways card has a 50k bonus after first purchase offer right now. #Tempting. 

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

US airways card has a 50k bonus after first purchase offer right now. #Tempting. 

We know 😀. Was tempted and succumbed

Message 8 of 47
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays is dead set on not giving me another US Air card. Its been 45 days so i tried again. It said "one app per 30 days". Didn't even HP
Message 9 of 47
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

We know 😀. Was tempted and succumbed

I'm about to succumb. hell I'd let em close my arrival and move the limit over. I don't use my arrival. Smiley Tongue 

Will these miles convert to AAdvantage miles if I dont use them before the merger? 

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.