Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay APR & CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay APR & CLI

@BKFireFly wrote:
I had no clue platinum was code for sub-prime. Thank you for this information.

It's not code for sub-prime exclusively. 

I have a platinum rewards visa signature card from Penfed and the minimum starting credit line is 5k. There is nothing subprime about it. 

Message 11 of 19
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

I have a platinum rewards visa signature card from Penfed and the minimum starting credit line is 5k. There is nothing subprime about it. 

Call it "builder" or "entry level," whatever. For instance, Capital One goes Platinum -> Quicksilver One -> Quicksilver.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Call it "builder" or "entry level," whatever. For instance, Capital One goes Platinum -> Quicksilver One -> Quicksilver.

That is also NOT true. My card is not a rebuilder or entry level card. I can't think of any rebuilder or entry level cards that the minimum starting credit line is 5k. Please share if you have knowledge of some that exist. I'm sure many on this board would be interested. 

Grouping all platinum cards cards together based of off Cap1s card tiers is not an adequate assessment of platinum cards. 

I can think of a few platinum cards that are nowhere near subprime, rebuilder or entry level. 

Message 13 of 19
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Is it possible that logic could be applicable to banks that offer credits to "sub-prime" borrows. When I think about my rebuilding cards were almost always platinum versions from bank whatever.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 14 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

That is also NOT true. My card is not a rebuilder or entry level card. I can't think of any rebuilder or entry level cards that the minimum starting credit line is 5k. Please share if you have knowledge of some that exist. I'm sure many on this board would be interested. 

Grouping all platinum cards cards together based of off Cap1s card tiers is not an adequate assessment of platinum cards. 

I can think of a few platinum cards that are nowhere near subprime, rebuilder or entry level. 

Another example of an excellent "Platinum" card is the NFCU Platinum... it actually has their best APR, and the underwriting is no different from their other cards.

It's a good option for people who aren't interested in perks/rewards (or already have rewards covered with other cards) and just want a no-frills card for the occasional BT.

Message 15 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Another example of an excellent "Platinum" card is the NFCU Platinum... it actually has their best APR, and the underwriting is no different from their other cards.

It's a good option for people who aren't interested in perks/rewards (or already have rewards covered with other cards) and just want a no-frills card for the occasional BT.

To add to this most of your lowest APR cards from any banks or CU are platinum cards such as

https://simmonsbank.com/bank/credit-cards/visa-platinum

and

https://www.iberiabank.com/personal/credit-cards/visa-platinum-terms/

These are two of the toughest lenders to obtain and need EXCELLENT credit for them even to take a look at you.  This is just two examples.  Pltainum has lower swipe fees is all with less benefits, but doesn't mean their APR or rewards or whatever are bad, just means since less fees they can pass the savings onto the customer

Message 16 of 19
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Justagirl73 is correct -- not all Cap1 Platinum cards are subprime.  There are even grandfathered Cap1 Platinum cards out there still in use that have pretty good rewards programs (I have one of these).

Message 17 of 19
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I also agree with CreditCuriosity:  there are Platinum-tier cards out there that have truly great if not outstanding APRs.  One of these that I really personally like is the BEFCU Platinum Plus card, which features an APR as low as 4.99% F, along with a rewards program to go with it as well.

https://www.bournscu.coop/loans-and-credit-cards/credit-cards

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned by others here, front line don't do SP CLI, you have to ask to reduce APR gets transferred to a different department and after APR success or failure ask for SP CLI.

I actually happen to have just done this today, got my APR lowered from 14.xx to 10.xx, and SLI of 1.5k to 6.5k (10 months old card).

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.