Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Financing Card

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Barclay Apple Financing Card

Hi everyone

Just feel like I have to vent. I have been on a 2+ year credit improvement journey. Last November I applied and received a Barclaycard Apple financing card. 1290 credit limit. I called like so many on this forum do and asked for a cli after I was approved for the card. I was declined. I was told to use the card, make my payments and call back in 6 months for a possible CLI. Every month I have made my payments on time, and more than the min payment amount as suggested by the csr back in November. I have made all of my other credit card payments on time also. Every payment with Barclay has had a hold put on it, I have never had a payment returned, or declined.  My payments have been between 200 and 500. So those of you who have Barclay Apple cards know that they have a new website, I check the web site yesterday, it told me my available credit was approx 600.00. I went to verizon to get a couple of new cell phones. I gave the salesman my card, declined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I called Barclay, they said that they showed that I still had a hold on my payment from 8 days ago. I asked them why all of my payments were held since the opening of my account, they said that it was random, I told them that 6+ holds consecutively was not random, and asked them to tell me why. She told me that they would investigate and try and give me an answer, I also didn't get a cli at the 6 or 7 month mark as so many others have.

I know that  Barclays or any other creditor doesn't owe me anything. I feel blessed that I have been able to rebuild my credit as much as I have. But I would like to be given the opportunity to take it to the next step.   I am disappointed because even though I have come this far, it still seems like there is no light at the end of my tunnel. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Apple Financing Card

I swear Barclay is just weird!  There are companys that are consistantly good and consistantly bad (with exceptions to both extremes), but Barclay is consistantly inconsistant!

I think it maybe time for you to quit trying to cultivate a relationship with them and try with another card.  I am guessing you are an apple person, but there are other options Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Financing Card

@traveler2005 wrote:

I know that  Barclays or any other creditor doesn't owe me anything. I feel blessed that I have been able to rebuild my credit as much as I have. But I would like to be given the opportunity to take it to the next step.   I am disappointed because even though I have come this far, it still seems like there is no light at the end of my tunnel. Smiley Sad

There is always light at the end of the tunnel since tunnels alwys have ends.  Do not give up.  There are other places to buy apple computers from - Best Buy, online retailers via BML.  I spent 5 years in a DMP and almost 7 years waiting for a BofA major derog to fall off my CR.  Your credit will improve and you will be able to buy that Apple computer.  It may take a little more time but it will happen as long as you keep on truckin as a famous rock song once said.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.