cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Financing Visa PC to Everyday Rewards Mastercard...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Barclay Apple Financing Visa PC to Everyday Rewards Mastercard...

I called the number on the back of my card and told the rep on the phone that I called last month to try and do a PC and I would be calling every month until one was available.  He transferred me to another rep and I told her the same thing and she said I can PC you to this card...the Barclaycard Everyday Rewards Mastercard.

I was delighted.

Does anyone else have this card ?  Thoughts on it ?

Persistance pays off!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Financing Visa PC to Everyday Rewards Mastercard...

@Andy77 wrote:

I called the number on the back of my card and told the rep on the phone that I called last month to try and do a PC and I would be calling every month until one was available.  He transferred me to another rep and I told her the same thing and she said I can PC you to this card...the Barclaycard Everyday Rewards Mastercard.

I was delighted.

Persistance pays off!!!

I hear it's a decent card rewards wise. the 2 points for $1 on gas nice. IT comes in a couple different versions (average and excellent I believe) CONGRATS!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 2 of 14
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

2% on utilities is nice if you don't already have a card that gives 2% on everything, such as the Fidelity Amex.

And from what they say, there are a lot more things that get 2% cash back than are mentioned in the official card details. Such as Drugstores.

However, Barclay's Sallie Mae mastercard gives 5% on Gas and Grocery, so you should plan to apply for that in 4-6 months. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 14
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

2% on utilities is nice if you don't already have a card that gives 2% on everything, such as the Fidelity Amex.

And from what they say, there are a lot more things that get 2% cash back than are mentioned in the official card details. Such as Drugstores.

However, Barclay's Sallie Mae mastercard gives 5% on Gas and Grocery, so you should plan to apply for that in 4-6 months. 

DH has the Rewards card & yes, it gives us 2x for CVS, Walgreens & even some 2x for grocery stores that my other cc's don't classify as grocery stores like Walmart & Target.  It's definitely a decent card.  The 2x for utilities can be very useful too if you don't have another card that gives you more than 1x/1% for utilities.....so 2x for even your cell phone, satellite/cable, etc.  I think this is one of the better cards out on the market especially for those building/re-building or with fair to average credit.   

I also like how the Rewards are posted the same time the transaction posts & that there is no waiting period or minimum amount needed before you can redeem your points. 

Congrats on your PC & enjoy your new card!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 4 of 14
sham010379
New Contributor

WOw I've been trying to PC this card for months

Message 5 of 14
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Keep trying ....call back every month and every month you tell them..." I called last month to PC my apple financing visa and I am going to call every month until an offer is available"

Just keep doing that...you will eventually get an offer, as I did

Message 6 of 14
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Oh it might help if you have a low balance when you call...when I called I had a zero balance

Message 7 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Andy77 wrote:

I was delighted.

Persistance pays off!!!

I wasn't aware you even could PC that card.   Congrats!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 14
sham010379
New Contributor

My balance is always zero! But I just called again and after two reps it worked

Message 9 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

hahha congrats!!!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.