Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Question

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Apple Question

Ive decided to take out one more credit card to round out my profile bringing my total to 4. The Barclay Apple card is my choice, being that I dont think I will qualify for an Amex Zync quite yet. My question is my TU FAKO is 810, Im assuning my Fico for TU is somewhere between 680-720. I have perfect payment history over five years on all CC's and a car loan. I have one baddie, (a collection for medical that was paid). I am currently DVing it, hoping it just goes away because it was a huge mix up with my insurance and never should have been there. I realize i made a mistake by not PFDing it and just paying it. However, the debt was mine so i paid it. Anywho, my question is should i wait to see if the baddie falls off? or should i go ahead and apply? I have one inquiry on my report from over 6 months ago. My util on all CCs is 0%. My AAoA is around 4 years. The reason for the barclay card is I actually see myself using it as opposed to just having the available credit. My current CC's are a Cap One, A PNC points, and an HSBC Best buy card. The oldest is the Cap one at 5 years.

Ive read that Barclay seems to have a decent recon rate and some of the best CLI's... Do i qualify as is or should i wait?

Edit: the one collection as a reporting date of 10-15-11... so its brand new :-(

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Question

Maybe this will help....I recently was approved for this card.  So recent I havent received yet Smiley Very Happy.  My TU FICO is 677, I have one collection on my TU report, I had 2 inquiry's when I applied with them.  I was approved instantly online for $1290.Smiley Surprised.  Not to bad but I immediately called the backdoor number and spoke with a rep.  I informed her I was attempting to purchase to MAC Pro's and need around $4000-4500.  She placed me on hold, asked one or two questions and said, I can approve you for $3000. to cover the cost of the two mac books Smiley Very Happy

Go for it!!!!!   Good luck...

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

Ive decided to take out one more credit card to round out my profile bringing my total to 4. The Barclay Apple card is my choice, being that I dont think I will qualify for an Amex Zync quite yet. My question is my TU FAKO is 810, Im assuning my Fico for TU is somewhere between 680-720. I have perfect payment history over five years on all CC's and a car loan. I have one baddie, (a collection for medical that was paid). I am currently DVing it, hoping it just goes away because it was a huge mix up with my insurance and never should have been there. I realize i made a mistake by not PFDing it and just paying it. However, the debt was mine so i paid it. Anywho, my question is should i wait to see if the baddie falls off? or should i go ahead and apply? I have one inquiry on my report from over 6 months ago. My util on all CCs is 0%. My AAoA is around 4 years. The reason for the barclay card is I actually see myself using it as opposed to just having the available credit. My current CC's are a Cap One, A PNC points, and an HSBC Best buy card. The oldest is the Cap one at 5 years.

Ive read that Barclay seems to have a decent recon rate and some of the best CLI's... Do i qualify as is or should i wait?

Edit: the one collection as a reporting date of 10-15-11... so its brand new :-(

Perhaps you should purchase your TU FICO score to see if the CO is in fact on your TU CR. Unfortunately FAKO's are completely unreliable. Also if your reported UTL is 0% this will effect your score negatively as it appears that you do not use your credit. How many inquiries on your CR? You can always apply for the new card and, if declined, attempt a recon and explain to the rep your situation regarding your baddie. Barclays seems to offer one of the more resonalble experiences regarding recons. Is the baddie reporting paid? I recently was approved for a Barclay card in which my CR shows a utility bill CO as paid last month.

Good Luck!!!

Message 3 of 8
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I would go for it, but definitely be prepared to explain the one baddie.  They WILL ask.

I have a baddie with a balance (First Premier for $430) and they asked about it.  I explained to her that I have disputed this particular baddie with First Premier numerous times and only get the standard canned responses from them.  She actually KNEW who First Premier was and completely understood my standpoint of not paying them a DIME for a card I never activated (I know, I know, stupid mistake 4 or 5 years ago).  Regardless, they approved me for $750 at first, I called back and spoke to a different gentleman at which point I explained that I wanted to purchase the iPad 3G in lieu of the Wifi version and he upped the limit to $1,000.

Keep us posted, I love to read success stories Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 4 of 8
teenastie
Established Contributor

there is a recent success story regarding a Barclays Apple card:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Apple-Card-Approved/td-p/1085196

Message 5 of 8
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

I have purchased one recently and the baddie is on there... The reason i have a 0% util is i recently paid off a balance. I guess i should be more Specific, my util is currently at 1%, Ive kept small amounts on each card to keep active. I think i will wait as the Dispute hasnt been confirmed or removed yet... its still processing, Its the only thing keeping me from a spotless report.

I actually have a second question i would like to piggy back. The bank that i use only reports to TU because i have had two seperate loans with this bank over a 5 year period (all perfect payments) my TU score is much better than my other two. (only difference) is there a way to get the loan reported on all three? Ive asked the bank and they said they only report to one and reporting mine to the other two would mean that they would have to report all their loans to all three. Something i guess they are not willing to do.

But yes the collection is reporting as paid. 0 balance.

Message 6 of 8
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Decided to just go for it. Instant approval online... 2490 CL. The Credit Analyst office is currently closed. Think I will call tomorrow and try to get a bit more. But not bad. Thanks for the advice all.

One of their questions was how much do u plan on spending with apple in the next month? it was a pulldown menu with several options, I chose the middle of the road at 2000-2500. With my intial credit limit at 2490 it seems they were willing to give me what i wanted. Hopefully this is a good sign for tomorrow. :-)

Message 7 of 8
teenastie
Established Contributor

HA! I hate to say I told you so... Smiley Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[edited for congratulatory message]

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.