Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Rewards Card promotional

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Apple Rewards Card promotional

Passing some information along. I applied for a Barclays Apple card Sept 2014 to purchase a new macbook with 0% promotional interest for a year. It's only available for the first 30 days of account opening then goes to standard APR.

Then when the iPhone 6S came out this past Fall, I wanted to use my apple card to get the points towards a $25 gift card and 0%, so I called up Barclays and told them I was thinking of purchaseing an Apple prduct and could I get Please get the 0% promotion added to my account and they gladly did so.

So now it's December and I am holliday shopping so I called them up again and said I wanted to make a purchase at Apple and if there is a way I can get the 0% promotion for purchases and he checked and added it to my account, so I have another 30 days to make Apple purchases at 0% and have up to a year to pay them off depending on how much I spend. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CMoore515
New Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards Card promotional

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

Passing some information along. I applied for a Barclays Apple card Sept 2014 to purchase a new macbook with 0% promotional interest for a year. It's only available for the first 30 days of account opening then goes to standard APR.

Then when the iPhone 6S came out this past Fall, I wanted to use my apple card to get the points towards a $25 gift card and 0%, so I called up Barclays and told them I was thinking of purchaseing an Apple prduct and could I get Please get the 0% promotion added to my account and they gladly did so.

So now it's December and I am holliday shopping so I called them up again and said I wanted to make a purchase at Apple and if there is a way I can get the 0% promotion for purchases and he checked and added it to my account, so I have another 30 days to make Apple purchases at 0% and have up to a year to pay them off depending on how much I spend. 

Yup. Barclays has always been good about that with me, too.

Filed BK7 10/2019
Discharged 1/2020
Message 2 of 3
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards Card promotional

This is odd. Both me and my GF where both denied 0% apr since our accounts have been open for 3 years. Only new card holders. 

No biggie went out and bought the iPad pro and a new Mac and BT the balance. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.