Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple Success

I have two medical collections and my TU is somewhere around 640.  I applied last night after reading the board and I was instantly approved for $1290.  I called last night to ask for an increase and the rep said after my credit is reviewed they will let me know.  Smh, I thought they would have said if I was approved or denied for an increase at that time.  Anyway I am happy I was approvedSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Success

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just opened one myself with a $1500 CL. Barclays is a little sensitive on inqs & uti for new accounts so I'd hold off on any new inqs for a few months...

Message 3 of 39
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Tru dat Smiley Wink

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats..Now I'm even more tempted !!

Message 5 of 39
ontop
Regular Contributor

Congrats Smiley Tongue

I saw their stock on the raise. They might open the door of opportunity for more potential customers?

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 6 of 39
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

OK, now I'm starting to get peeved. All this people getting Barclays, even you with collections on your accounts, while I, on the other hand, have ZERO baddies (no lates, no collections, no nothing) but a couple of inquiries and I get denied?! Even with a recon, STILL denied?!

Congrats on the card, but jeez this is really making me mad now. SCREW YOU BARCLAYS!! &*(%)(#*@#$! You will never be getting any of my business!

Photobucket
Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know how they are about UTI? I want to apply for this card in Dec. I only hope I can bring my UTI down by then. Also I would be 8 months with no inquires by then.

Message 8 of 39
IMCUTE2
Contributor

Hi All,

I applied to Barclay's after reading so many success stories about them here on this site.  I applied on Thursday and was immediately approved for $1000 that wasn't enough to buy a iMac and iPhone 4S.  Taking the advice of many here I called the recon number they verified information and he asked how much did I want?  I said I need $2500 to purchase the items I wanted.  He said YOU'RE APPROVED!!!! YAY ME!! LOL  I was told to press the check status button and my information updated at the point.  I proceeded with my purchase.  This was on Thursday and today Saturday the Barclay's account is on my Experian credit report when they pull TransUnion.  I am very happy with my app spree.  Barclay's provided me with my score which is 690.

Thanks All 

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IMCUTE2 wrote:

Hi All,

I applied to Barclay's after reading so many success stories about them here on this site.  I applied on Thursday and was immediately approved for $1000 that wasn't enough to buy a iMac and iPhone 4S.  Taking the advice of many here I called the recon number they verified information and he asked how much did I want?  I said I need $2500 to purchase the items I wanted.  He said YOU'RE APPROVED!!!! YAY ME!! LOL  I was told to press the check status button and my information updated at the point.  I proceeded with my purchase.  This was on Thursday and today Saturday the Barclay's account is on my Experian credit report when they pull TransUnion.  I am very happy with my app spree.  Barclay's provided me with my score which is 690.

Thanks All 

Thats awesome! congrats!

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.