elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple Visa CLI and Then CLD

off to the sock drawer

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I should just pay it off OR  NFCU is offering a No Fee 2.9% Balance transfer for I think 12 months , I should do that and close the Barclay card ,,lol

Thanks All for reply back....  Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No big changes in Credit score  or balance changes, but have Added some new accts ........... here's their reasons

1) Length of time revolving acct have been est

2) Serious delinquency and public record

"Big" changes aren't necessary for AA in all situations.

The new accounts were apparently deemed too risky for your credit profile which includes some derogs.  The new accounts might not have been an issue without the derogs but that's difficult to say for certain.

Message 13 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Typical Barclays. Slashed my Ring and Sallie Mae right after I accepted a bt offer on SM. Ring had $0 balance. I immediately closed Ring and once they re-instated my SM limit I closed it too. They can take a long walk on a short plank for all I care. Plenty other lenders out there OP. Don't sweat it.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this.   I was considering doing the same thing the past two months.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They got me too. NFL 5000 to 1500, and juniper 9000 to 500 bux. Ive had juniper 10 years.
Message 16 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
They got me too. NFL 5000 to 1500, and juniper 9000 to 500 bux. Ive had juniper 10 years.

ouch a BT or just because of new credit?  I would be calling them ASAP and trying to get those limits re-instated...  Or mise well move limit to oldest card and close the other other one as those are not usable

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a bunch of new credit,  I BT to my NFL when I got it,  paid it off.  Let it sit idle a few months,  and have been swiping daily purchases on it.  Balance was 355 and they slashed. I'll pif.  When I got the card I got the sign up bonus and put a lot of purchases on it.  Reemed 150 bucks so they had definitely lost money on me.  Sad thing is if I had started another BT they would recoup 50 bux In fees. I dont get them. 

Message 18 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have ALWAYS said this, and Ill continue to do so.....

Barclays really doesnt like BT 99% of the time. They encourage it, and even send BT checks, but they don't expect you to really take advantage of it.

Sorry to hear this...but Barclays, like any other lender i suppose, is very sensitive to certain things...BT being #1!!

I treat them very carefully...I utilize a very small amount of my CL (usually 1-3% of my total CL), and I use my SM CC for things OTHER THAN JUST BONUS CATAGORIES, and never come close to maxing the categories either, and I PIF before SM cuts.

Barclays and I seem to get along just fine....Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.