Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Visa

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclay Apple Visa

@LS2982 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Ordered mine last night; picking it up at a store today.

I first ordered it online and it said it would take 2-3 weeks for delivery (1-2 weeks for shipping.) So I waited until 10 pm, ordered another online, chose in-store pickup, and found one that would have one coming in today, then canceled the first one.

Loooooong drive, but it's a nice day, and I didn't want to wait that long.

Smiley Surprised

Let us know how it is!!! I may just throw it on my BB card!

Will do.

I've been having a laptop crisis, because my cat (my avi) considers herself to be my rightful laptop, and the combo of a 15" MacBook Pro and a 9 lb long-haired cat on one lap is pretty unmanageable.

I'm blaming this purchase on the cat. Smiley Wink

(Seriously, though, I use my laptop mostly for email and net, and not so much for doing work, so I'm thinking that the iPad will cover most of what I do now in a much smaller form.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 35
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Hauling, I'd definitely recommend a keyboard if you're going to be doing a lot of writing. Typing on the screen keyboard is hard because the keyboard is smaller to fit on the screen. I kind of have to type with 2 fingers. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
Hauling, I'd definitely recommend a keyboard if you're going to be doing a lot of writing. Typing on the screen keyboard is hard because the keyboard is smaller to fit on the screen. I kind of have to type with 2 fingers. Smiley Happy

+1

I hate on-screen keyboards!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 35
halos24
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm new to the tablet scene so all input is welcomed!!! I think I would go with apple just for the name and quality associated with it.

My husband has the first generation Ipad and he still loves it and does not even feel the need to  upgrade it.  It still works like a charm!  I have the Ipad2 although my toddler has taken full ownership of itSmiley Mad..lol.  I recently purchased the macbook air and I love it!  

Their is a pro to having one or the other, but love having the Ipad and can be used any where and easy to carry.  

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 24 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm new to the tablet scene so all input is welcomed!!! I think I would go with apple just for the name and quality associated with it.

My husband has the first generation Ipad and he still loves it and does not even feel the need to  upgrade it.  It still works like a charm!  I have the Ipad2 although my toddler has taken full ownership of itSmiley Mad..lol.  I recently purchased the macbook air and I love it!  

Their is a pro to having one or the other, but love having the Ipad and can be used any where and easy to carry.  

I'd more than likely be using it for myFICO forums alot! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 35
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@halos24 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Can't use emoticons w/it, tho! And NO pargraphs. You have to manually insert html line breaks (<br>) if you want paragraphs to show up on your posts, when you post with the iPad. None of the WYSIWYG buttons (the grey bar above, where you type your post) show up on the iPad, either.  You *can* quote, but that's about all.  Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 26 of 35
brainysmurf
Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@halos24 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Can't use emoticons w/it, tho! And NO pargraphs. You have to manually insert html line breaks (<br>) if you want paragraphs to show up on your posts, when you post with the iPad. None of the WYSIWYG buttons (the grey bar above, where you type your post) show up on the iPad, either.  You *can* quote, but that's about all.  Smiley Sad

So that's why all my posts have been running together.

This should be a new paragraph... Well that's certainly better. Not convenient, but better.
EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 27 of 35
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

+1

I hate on-screen keyboards!

+2

You just can't get the same feel and response from a screen keyboard.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 28 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Bichon Can't be much worse than my android lmao

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've read good things about a ZaggFolio, other than that the case can look cheesy. But lots of good feedback on the key feel.

Writing this in the new toy, on the HTML tab.

Edit: sure enough, no paragraphs. What's weird is that my iPhone does make paragraphs.

edit again, duh me: br, not b
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.