Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple & Sallie Mae Confusion

tag
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Apple & Sallie Mae Confusion

So last night I called to see if I could get a SP CLI on my Apple Rewards card. It started at $1,700 in August. When I was approved for the SM card earlier this year for only $2,500 I transferred all but $250 to the SM card since I knew I'd use it more. I was going to just close it but I was holding out for an auto cli. 

They said no SP CLI since I've had the card over 30 days (BS) so I told them to just move that last $250 to SM and close the account. Went through the whole process including the "This card can't be reopened disclosures" blah blah blah. I log into the Barclay app today and the SM shows the new $4,200 limit, but the Apple reward is still there but with a $500 limit now. What?? Do I need to call and ask them to close it again? 

For some reason I feel like I've read this before so if anyone knows what I should do that would be great. 

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple & Sallie Mae Confusion

You don't have to do anything. 

The online apps will update in a few days.  You will also see the old account in your online apps.  The $500 CL is just a ghost number.

I closed my Apple in December and moved the CL to my SM... and here we are 5 months later and my Apple card still shows on login.. with a "This account is closed" banner.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Apple & Sallie Mae Confusion

Lol, imagine they gave you the CLI then closed it. They didn't though just saying it'll be funny.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.