cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple rewards chip & pin card?

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Apple rewards chip & pin card?

"To complete the PIN creation process, be sure to make your first transaction at a chip-card terminal with a cashier. After your transaction has been approved, your PIN will be activated and you’ll be able to use your card at self-service terminals where a PIN is required. Remember, in most cases you'll sign for your transaction."

That's on my page if I go and look at my PIN...

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 17
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Yeah, I don't know. It definitely wouldn't work with PIN anywhere, and I'd set one online in the same way I did with the Arrival + that worked everywhere. The only thing I can think of, is that I got my AAviator by ordering a replacement for my US Airways card, before my actual upgrade arrived (which just did a few days ago). Maybe it's something to do with that.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 12 of 17
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I have the Apple card and at the present time it's chip & sig or chip & no sig depending on the location of the terminal. The card is supposed to switch to chip & pin when you encounter a terminal or kiosk that requires it. I won't be able to test that out until next Spring while I'm in France. I do have a pin for the card.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 13 of 17
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

I have the Apple card and at the present time it's chip & sig or chip & no sig depending on the location of the terminal. The card is supposed to switch to chip & pin when you encounter a terminal or kiosk that requires it. I won't be able to test that out until next Spring while I'm in France. I do have a pin for the card.

Isn't there a FTF on that card anyway though?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 14 of 17
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

Isn't there a FTF on that card anyway though?

As far as I know there is, but I only plan to test it out. I have other no FTF cards to use.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

Interesting, if it's asking for signature, that means it's not chip & pin priority. my diners club card is chip and pin priority card and it always ask for pin every transaction.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of Barclay's cards are chip and signature with PIN backup. For what it's worth, banks seem to be setting up all of their card products to be the same in my experience (the major exception being corporate cards).

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.