Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Application / general poll

tag
Ammer
New Contributor

Barclay Application / general poll

Hi,

I am looking at the Barclay Arrival because the sign up bonus ($440) is not too bad.

I actually don't need the card but since they pull only TU and I have most of my Inq on EX and EQ...

So who likes Barclay who doesn't ?I don't want to know about the Arrival card more about Barclay as issuer.

Are they good with CLI ? SP or HP ? and so on.

The other question is, why do they ask if the applicant is a US citizen ? They even claim they have to ask that but so far no other bank I have cards with asked for that.

Barclay : good or bad ?

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Application / general poll

I just got the Arrival WMC and am loving it.

Barclay's is originally from the UK and has been around since the late 1600s, early 1700s. They tend to be more conservative than traditional US credit. But this is the case with most European banks, as they have historically viewed, used, and have awarded credit much differently than we do in the US.

I had a 760 TU score and was approved for 5K with 18.99% after the promo.

Hope this helps. Not able to give experience on CLI yet. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have one BC that has have been ridiculosly generous with CLIs, and one that has never budged at all.

Never had any problems in general.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

I have 2 Barclays cards that are older. I have never had a problem with the company or the cards, but they have been stingy on the credit lines.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 4 of 6
surfnspy
Contributor

No complaints here. They have given me nice CLI's at 6 months and 1 year. They do pull TU however, they did pull EX for me as well. YMMV.

EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

I have no complaints with Barclay at all and from the research I've done they like to see a balance during the 0% stage.

Love BT's and if you show 3-4 statements reporting to CR's, will increase your chances of a good CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.